Sign in to follow this  
N330DG

Problem using FS2002 ground-texure scenery with FS2004

Hi!I have a problem using my FS2002 sceneries with FS2004. These sceneries use SCASM's TexPoly instructions on a flattened area at and around airports to display high resolution ground-textures.In FS2002 everything works fine. But in FS2004 my ground-textures hide the new XML-default airports. Giving my scenery least priority doesn't help. I've searched the net and understood, that the drawing sequence changed between FS2002 and FS2004 so that FS2004 draws the XML-scenery first and then my textures thus hiding the XML-scenery. Is there any solution to this problem?Any help would be very much appreciated!CheersGottfried

Hi Gottfried,Unfortunately not I believe.Scasm "semi-photo" 2D scenery will always be on top of and covering XML scenery polygons in FS9, so you have to construct a "full" scenery with "own" runways, taxiways etc. if you design with scasm tools like I do.Best,Bjorn

OK, thanks for your fast reply Bjorn. Is there any other technique to put scenery polygons below the existing default-XML-scenery? I don't want to touch the default airports. I just want to put my polygons below them.CheersGottfried

Hi,Only the mesh VTP polygons can be displayed below the XML elements. But these have a limited resolution of circa 4.8 meters per pixel (and that is probably the reason you switched to SCASM polygons).Another option would be to make a transparant gap in your SCASM polygons at the location of the airport, so that the XML elements can show through that.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thanks for your reply Arno! Yes, I used SCASM because I use high resolution images.So I understand, that I can't use SCASM to put my polygons below the default XML-scenery. Could I do this somehow by using XML-scenery myself to place the polygons? Or is there any other technique (GMAX,...) that could solve my problem?Otherwise I would cut Alpha-Channel holes in my images to let the default-scenery shine thru. But that's not really beautiful.CheersGottfried

No, there is no option except mesh.Scenery made with GMax is the same as SCASM. But all these scenery elements are seen as 3D objects and always drawn after XML elements.With XML elements you can not place your own textures, so that is no option either.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

OK. Thanks very much for the expert-info. Saves me hours of senseless searching. So I'll cut holes into my textures. I think, the runway will suffice. It's not a night-time scenery anyways.CheersGottfried

Hi again!I found a workaraound that allows me to use my textures while in the air AND to display the default-XML-scenery while hovering or taxiing on the ground. I use the SCASM command "IfPlaneInBox" to determine if the aircraft is below 10 meters AGL and within 300 meters of the center of each texture-tile covering airport area. In this case I don't draw the tile. The effect is that I see the hi-res textures while flying above the airport and the taxi-lines etc while on the ground.RefPoint( rel :RefEnd832 0.125 34.0239715576172 -118.460998535156 v1= 3000 v2= 678 )IfPlaneInBox( :DoIt832 -300 300 0 10 -300 300)Jump(:RefEnd832):DoIt832Points( 0-678 0 611 ;0678 0 611 ;1678 0 -611 ;2-678 0 -611 ;3)LoadBitmap( 0 5 E0 0 0 0 "S1$3097--8087_0_0.bmp" )TexPoly( au0 0 2561 256 2562 256 03 0 0 ):RefEnd832So I need Alpha-Channel holes for the runway and the approach-lights only.CheersGottfried