Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jos

GMAX to FS2002

Guest Jos

Hello,I have troubles to understand (English is not my language) the way of making a transparent, placing the different files in FS and GMAX for texturing the plane (fence).Using PSP, DXTBmp and have also BmpExt, GMAX 1.2 for FS2002.Have just made an image (fence in black on a white background for a second model).But the file I downloaded from AVSIM: "fence_n_post.zip" contains images on a black background, one with and one without green grass) + a DXT-file... and of course a GMAX-file.So two different images and ways to proceed. Very difficult to manage and understand.Have also an example of a fence at Meigs airfield. The FS map contains in Textures one file who contains a normal fence on white background... (the same image + an alpha channel... I saw it in DXTBmp).How to make the file to put in GMAX Image-map for texturing ?And what file must be put in FS ?I red on the Net so many topics but never saw a complete and easy ro follow tutorial.I know how to make reflective textures for an aircraft.Somewhere I must make an error or I rename a file wrong (DS_fence for double sided texturing, but I red that you must use a _ so that GMAX know that it must use transparent: fence_one p.e.).So many questions. Hope you can help me.Greetz. Jos

Guest Jos

Hi,Sorry that a topic evoluated from problems with exporting to FS2002 into problems making transparent textures.The last problem is solved too. Have now the result I wanted and the chain link doesn't cast shadows anymore. I had to change the opacity from 100% to 99%.Screenie shows the result (without the posts).thanks for the help I received. Jos