Sign in to follow this  
arno

Sliding hanger doors animation problem...

Guest abent

I'm working on a new scenery and am having problems getting my hanger doors animated. I have no problem with folding doors but, the sliding doors will not animate. There are 3 doors on each side.I created my hanger in GMAX, grouped each set of 3 doors, named one set Tick18_rightdoors and the other set Tick18_leftdoors. The doors animate perfectly in GMAX. I then processed my .asm file with CAT, applying a conditional trigger of NAV2. I'm sure my handling of CAT is fine as I've used the conditional animation trigger a number of times successfully. Not sure what I'm missing, but could use some assistance. I'd be willing to send someone or post my gmax file or .asm files.Thanks in advance, Adam

Hi Adam,It is hard for me to tell what is going wrong without having a look at your actual animation. So please sent me a copy of it and I will take a look.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest abent

Hey Arno, Thanks for replying. I'd be happy to send you my gmax file. Where would you like it sent to? I don't see any way of attaching it to an email through AVSIM.Adam

You can sent it to arno AT scenerydesign.org

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest abent

Great. Will do. Thanks Arno!Adam

Guest abent

Hey Arno,I solved the problem with some help from Al Gay. I had grouped the doors. Once ungrouped and each door named individually with tick18_xxx, it worked great.Thanks again,Adam

OK, good to hear that. I was just about to take a look at your email, but that is no longer needed then :).

Arno