Sign in to follow this  
Guest kaindragoon36

Finding what bgl buildings are in

Guest kaindragoon36

I am trying to edit the default Elmendorf AFB Airport. The default scenery used some horrible buildings to represent the maintenance hangars, and I want to delete the buildings out of the scenery. I've taken the bgl that has elmendorf in it, but it has none of the buildings in it. How would I find these buildings so I can delete them? Thanks in advance

Hello Patrick,Welcome to the forum and to our little community.In the majority of airports, buildings are created using XML code (these are essentially the old Advanced Buildings from FS 2000). Generally, the code for the buildings and other objects can be found in "OB..." files within the relevant Scenery folders. I suppose that Elmendorf is somewhere in Alaska (is that next to Anchorage?) - if so, you can find those "OB..." files in the NAMW (North America West) scenery folders. You will have to decompile them using either BGLXML or NewBGLAnalyze, and if you do not know the XML code, you will have to read the Microsoft BGLComp SDK documents. A little complicated.But, anyway, we never do this. It is easier and more reasonable to simply exclude the objects that you do not want. Please use ExcBuilder by Paavo Pihelgas (available in the AvSim library) for this purpose - it is easy and quick to use.Best regards.Luis

Guest kaindragoon36

Thanks for the welcome, I've been reading about the exclude command and how it supposedly makes all scenery disappear, dynamic and static, is there a cure for this?

Hello Patrick,An exclude is simply a scenery bgl that removes unwanted objects.It is easy to create an exclude bgl - please see the BGLComp SDK for details.If you do not wish to write the exclude yourself, then ExcBuilder will do it for you. Just launch the program and also Flight Simulator, slew to the Northwest and the Southeast of the object, and ExcBuilder will create the exclude bgl. Place this bgl in a scenery folder and the object no longer displays.Excludes only remove objects within the bounding box as defined by the Northwest and Southeast coordinates, so you can make as many excludes as you want and only remove certain objects.The "cure" for getting back the objects is to remove the exclude bgl from the scenery folder.Best regards.Luis

Guest kaindragoon36

Hi,I've figured out the ExcBuilder, but it only does one exclude code at a time, I figured out how to consolidate them, then I ran into a problem of removing a fuel bin. I ran the exclude, it disappears, but I can still crash into the things I excluded, and it makes it really hard to replace buildings with opening hangars and such. The other problem with Excbuilder is that it won't compile the BGL like it says it would I have to get the script, and compile each exclude through the command line. But the main thing is the excluded objects that are still there. I wanted to park AI planes in my new hangars, but they keep crashing against the excluded buildings that should be gone if I'm not mistaken. Thanks