Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jan N

Some questions I'm afraid

Guest LN-BFP

Hi fellow scenery makers!Using: Flight Simulator Scenery CreatorI do have some questions. 1. I have created an Island, And I whant to place a Texture to the Ground at the Island. I have discoverd how to at a texture, but I don't feel to add the same texture around the Islond manualy, It it possible to make the program "cut" and "paste" the texture to the ground?2. I have made a runway, They show up in Flightsim, but It's only on the west side of the runway that has a number, not the other side.3. How to I make a beach line? Like you have as default in Flightsim, where water and land meat.Hope somebody can help me a bit here! :)

Hi,>Hi fellow scenery makers!>>Using: Flight Simulator Scenery Creator>>I do have some questions. >>1. I have created an Island, And I whant to place a Texture to>the Ground at the Island. I have discoverd how to at a>texture, but I don't feel to add the same texture around the>Islond manualy, It it possible to make the program "cut" and>"paste" the texture to the ground?I don't know what you mean here. But you could draw a polygon with the shape of your island and apply the texture to it.>2. I have made a runway, They show up in Flightsim, but It's>only on the west side of the runway that has a number, not the>other side.Are you sure you have set the correct options for your runway? You can specify things like markings for each side separately.>3. How to I make a beach line? Like you have as default in>Flightsim, where water and land meat.Those lines in the default scenery are VTP lines and FSSC is not capable to create them. You would have to use Ground2k4 or SBuilder to create them (those tools are a better choice for mesh/ground features anyway).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest LN-BFP

Thanks mateWill try those tips, will reply if it works or not :)

Guest LN-BFP

Hm... stuck again... neither Ground2k4 or SBuilder works, any ideas?Ground2k4 problem: The language DLL VB6FR.DLL could not be found. ???SBuilder problem: Runtime error, (13)

>Ground2k4 problem: The language DLL VB6FR.DLL could not be>found. ???There is a patch for this bug available, I think here in the library. Else a quick google search for vb6fr.dll will help you find the file.>SBuilder problem: Runtime error, (13)That is not really informative :). You might want to take a look at the forum of www.ptsim.com (Luis is the author of SBuilder).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Jan N

Hi, if you live in a country where you use comma as the decimal sign, in stead of a dot or period sign, then you have to change that in the windows control panel - regional settings. You see SBuilder uses a lot of data files in - the tools directory - that comprises numbers in a format using period sign and not comma as the decimal sign. These files are loaded on start-up and stall the program when windows command the program to expect a comma as decimal sign.In plain Norwegian:Bruk ikke komma men punktum som desimaltegn n