Sign in to follow this  

Adding AI...close to tears...:(

I am now in my 3rd week of trying to find out how to add AI traffic, plans, bla bla..And already passed on importing real flightplans and going 'for i hoped to be' simple Traffic shuffler...Ok i also using AIscedule, which gives me incorrect atc_xxx in the cfg files, and for 2 days now changing every airline correctly and adding it to airlines.cfg.Then AI scedule says that all the atc_models and atc_types are wrong??..Every delevoper put there BOEING or AIRBUS but this program says its wrong, after finding a big table with all sorts of weird names for the atc_type i did a test with one atc_type and nope still wrong, README says nothing about it..so ok, maybe bug.I go to AIshuffler go through all the steps and in the end it only makes plans for light aircrafts and no single heavy is used ???Its really getting nervewracking, i havent flew in days to get this solved and I put more time into this $%^#%&%^& AI then into flying.Is there any, a.n.y., ANY program there that really scans through aircraft.cfg files and really corrects them.ThanksPaul

update: after reinstalling AIshuffler it now reckognizes 2 more boeings let me paste the atc_xxx of the airplanes, maybe some of you have an idea whats going wrong!reckognized!title=Cathay Pacific Airways - Boeing 777 300 - Projectatc_airline=Cathayatc_id=507atc_flight_number=507atc_heavy=1atc_type=BOEINGatc_model=B773!reckognized!title=Britannia Airways 767-304ERatc_airline=Britanniaatc_id=90atc_flight_number=90atc_heavy=1atc_type=BOEINGatc_model=B763!example NOT reckognized!title=Garuda Indonesia Boeing 777 200 ERatc_airline=Garudaatc_id=GSJatc_flight_number=772atc_heavy=1atc_type=BOEINGatc_model=B772heeeeeeeeelllp!

never used it myself..ttools and add a gate are all i`ve ever really used.maybe try decompiling / recompiling with ttools???

Ok, I dunno what AIscedule is so I can't help you on that. Yep AI Traffic Shuffler has a lot of little bugs and annoying quirks but once you get past all that you won't believe how easy everything becomes.Anyway, why don't you try changing the atc_model of your Garuda to the one that works, B773 ? It's not going to sound any different nor is it in a different class.BTw, AI Shuffler requires that EVERY line in Flightplan.txt refer to an aircraft that is present in Aircraft.txt and installed. Otherwise AI Shuffler won't know what class of aircraft can handle that flight.So for example you can't have an AC#98 in your Flightplan.txt without an AC#98 in your Aircraft.txt, which should refer to a plane in the aircraft folder that is already recognized. -Leon Medado

Hey Do not cry ,I have your awnser :You Email me and I give you easy AI solution and all you are needing to get them right Airlines in the Right places :)And i give you big tissue :)Anniette xxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks for replying Leon,Doesnt Aishuffler create the aircraft.txt..i think thats where it already goes wrong.And changing the atc_model? the 767-200 (B762) did got reckognized and the 777-300 (B773)didnt. So im puzzled where to change into then.Greetz,Paul

>Doesnt Aishuffler create the aircraft.txt..i think thats >where it already goes wrong. It does but you still need a SOURCE Aircraft.txt. AI Shuffler needs it to determine which flightplans are currently served by which aircraft you have installed (Which is why they need to match up like I said in the first post.) By looking into the aircraft.cfgs of those aircraft it then determines what class they belong to. Then it looks for other aircraft in your aircraft directory that are in the same class. If it finds one and determines that it's airline can cover the route(s) in at least one of the flightplans than that aircraft is added to the OUTPUT Aircraft.txt .>>And changing the atc_model? the 767-200 (B762) did got >reckognized and the 777-300 (B773)didnt. So im puzzled where >to change into then. >If my previous explanations didn't help you solve that problem than here's what I do:Copy the original aircraft.cfg to somewhere or some name that it won't be recognized by FS. Than edit the original one to make it recognized (Change the ATC_Model from B773 to B762.) Once you got it recognized by AI Shuffler you can overwrite the aircraft.cfg with the one you copied earlier so that ATC will say the right model in FS.-Leon Medado