Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Scenery Collision

Guest Ursine

I'm new at scenery creation and I've got a question. I built a building in Lightwave, and imported to gmax. I did all the bgl compiling and although I can see my object in FS2004 where it should be, I can fly right thru it. Do I need a crash box around it? If so how is that done?Thanks,Dave

Guest Ursine

It might be because it started life as a Lightwave file. I just made a simple box in gamx and when placed in FS, I can crash into it just fine.Dave

Hi Dave,I never designed an object in another tool and then moved it to Gmax, but I would expect that you get a crash also when you do so. Did you not set any special options during export (that can for example remove the crash box)?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Ursine

I'm not sure what the problem was the first time I tried, but everything works fine now. Dave

Check to see what functions are set in your MAKEMDL.CFG under your c:gmaxgamepacksfs2004plugins folder.The attached file will give you most of the configurations available.W. Sieffert