Sign in to follow this  
Guest Twister

New resiable flight max, reality xp, and fs reality-(pi

Now that flightmax is resizable I am in heaven. Along with Reality xp stack, real weather in my area from a few minutes ago, and my cockpit I have at last reached the nirvana of sim reality!Unforseeing some last minute catastrophy the Deb is days away from being released......http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Guest N247BK

Geof,I knew you were as "busy as a bee" at something .... hadn't heard from you ...Will this release fix the problem of my having to go into FS Weather, Clear-All weather, exit the menu, repeat the process again, then get a "real-world" download .... all to jst get the dang Collins Radar to show echoes? .... pant, pant, pant, .....

Guest GabrielR

SORRY TO ASK....1. WHERE DID YOU GET THAT NICE RADIO STACK, LOOKS PAYWARE!2. HOW HAS BEEN YOUR OVERALL EXPERIENCE WITH FLIGHTMAX? (I D/L THE FIRST FREE DEMO) COULDNT MAKE IT WORK, DUMP IT AND FORGOT IT WEEKS AGO....THANKYOU

I know this has been asked before (can't find the thread), but what plane is that and where can I find it - its a beauty!Thanks,Steve :-wave

>Steve-its a B33 Beech Debonair-and I hope to have it out in >a matter of days now-just doing little housecleaning tasks >now. :-beerchug Wow :-eek, thats the one you were talking about the other day. It doesn't have a VC (no biggie) but the 2d is fantastic.Looking forward to it! :-jumpyAre we talking Friday, Saturday, Sunday???? Can't wait!Steve :-wave

It did have a vc-a beautiful one but Gmax decided to trash it, and it this point it was either go back to square one or release it without.:-eekWhat the vc looked like as of a week ago-before gmax decided to remove it. http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Guest Satchmo

Hi GeofaWhoa stunning stuff, Your Debonair sure looks 'sweet' :-kewlAny chance of including your Reality-XP configured panel.cfg when the big day comes. I can never seem to get the sizes right when doing my own edits :-rollCheers:-outtaSatchmo

Guest Twister

Hi Geof,Real happy to hear that you're nearing completion with the Deb.Too bad about the problems you encountered with the VC. The 2D panel looks stunning tough !Just a small question: the airspeed indicator looks elliptical, is that the way it is in reality as well?All the best.Twister

Hmmm-it looks right to me but maybe it is ....I took photos in real flight from the pilot's perspective of all the instruments-so the stormscope for instance is not perfectly round-same with landing gear indicator/flaps. I wanted it to look like it does when you fly-not the typical fs look where everything looks as if you are sitting directly in front of the instrument. I realize this is a little different-but I wanted it to look like it really does which is also why I did each instrument from photos instead of using the hand drawn/touched up ones.Here is the real vs. the sim version:http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Guest Twister

Hi Geof,Thanks for the reply, I live at the other end of the planet - which explains the delay in responding to various posts in the forum.You are probably right, the perspectives are slightly different from the pilot's angle of vision.What is your opinion on the new Dolomiti scenery ? The file size is a bit of a problem but the temptation to install an accurate landscape to practice some pilotage and dead-reckoning is very tempting...I've tried that with the default scenery but it was a total waste of time , I had to go back to the VOR and ADF to find the airport...Take careTwister