Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsjeffrey

Missing Glideslopes

Guest fsjeffrey

Yesterday I posted my question on the NavData Forum. I was told that it was a scenery problem and was offered no assistance.The problem is: When putting in the localizer frequency, I don't get any glideslopes at Denver Int'l. None apparent when approaching either. Other airports have one or two missing glideslopes but none as severe as Denver. Many airports have all good glideslopes. Any thoughts?Jeffrey

Guest fsjeffrey

I neglected to say that I'm using FS2002.Jeffrey

And are you using the default scenery or some sort of addon?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest fsjeffrey

It's the default Denver scenery, but I added gates and signs which I don't think would make any difference.Jeffrey

Guest Jos

Hi,I can send you my AFCAD1.4 default KDEN-file FS2002, so that you can test it.Greetz. Jos

Guest Jos

Hi,By the way... you can always restore the default Afcad-file (in your case: Denver KDEN.Greetz. Jos

Guest fsjeffrey

I have kicked this problem around at another forum. Some responders said that they had glidescopes at airports on runways where I didn't have any. Others mentioned AFCAD and Ttools, but did not tell me how to get glidescopes using these two tools. If I don't have glidescopes and others do, it seems to me that I have some problem with a scenery .bgl. I'm looking for a way to get into the Denver and other airports scenery program where I don't have glidescopes and others do. I'm looking for some file that, for example, might say "Glidescope--no," and I can change it to "Glidescope--yes."Can anyone say for a fact that AFCAD can provide a glidescope where one currently does not exist? If you can, please tell me the section number in the AFCAD manual where this can be accomplished.Having read the AFCAD manual it appears that AFCAD only covers AI aircraft and their movement from place to place and around a particular airport and changes no visible scenery. If that is wrong please correct me.Somehow I think the solution is probably quite simple, possibly some misstep inadvertantly made by me.Jeffrey

Guest fsjeffrey

Jose,I have not used AFCAD with Denver (KDEN). The only airport where I used AFCAD is Miami Int'l (KMIA) and all runways there with localizers also have glidescopes. Jeffrey

Guest Jos

Hi,Have send you my default Afcad-file for KDEN. Plus the latest FSUIPC for FS2002 and the freeware AIView.dll (so that you can follow the AI aircraft).Maybe AFCAD 1.4 is become corrupt and you need a reinstall.TTOOLS is only for configurating the flightplans for AI aircraft (using the maps Aircraft, Airports and Flightplans).Greetz. Jos

Guest Jos

Hi,This screenshot shows KDEN with the needed Navaids.Hope this helps. Jos

Guest fsjeffrey

Jose,Thank you for the material you sent.At present when I go to Denver(KDEN) and am at the end of runway 7 and punch in localizer frequency 111.55, in either the VOR Indicator of the Horizontal Situation Indicaton (depending on which aircraft I use), the localizer(left-right) appears but there is no Glideslope (up-down).Before I install your downloads and so that I understand what's happening here, please confirm that after installing your downloads and then punching in the above localizer frequency at runway 7, I should now have glideslopes in the above gauges.As you can tell I'm not fully conversant with AFCAD yet, but am working on it.

Guest Jos

Hi,I have flown a circuit: departing from rwy 7 and landing on the same runway 7 with the frequency set on 111.55.The glideslope is working... but for this you have to activate the corresponding NAV (1 or 2)... If you activate MRK, you will hear the sound of the markers.So there is nothing wrong with the Afcad-file for KDEN. You may not forget to activate the corresponding NAV and not forget to set the frequency from standby to active. Greetz. Jos

Guest fsjeffrey

Jose,I guess what I need to know is did your glideslope work properly on runway 7 at Denver (KDEM) before you downloaded and used AFCAD? If your glideslope worked before AFCAD then were back to square one. You seem to be suggesting by your responses that AFCAD solved your own glideslope problem. Is that what you are saying, ie. your glideslope didn't work until you used AFCAD?I know how to activate localizers and glideslopes and most of them work fine. One thing I don't know is exactly what you mean by activating the MRK. My aircraft have three marker buttons which activate when I reach each marker position in flight. Does MKR have anything to do with my glideslope problem?Jeffrey

Guest Jos

Hi,I cannot answer your first question because I live in Belgium (Europe) and flying to Denver (KDEN) is not exactly the first airport I am flying on (how beautifull, great and well known this airport may be); and second: I installed AFCAD immediately to run AI aircraft. The Afcad default files are the reflection of the default scenery. After that, you can alter the settings as yo wish.You said that you changed some parkings and "signs"... what do you mean by "signs" ?"Most of them work fine"... Are there some who doesn't work ?What for aircraft do you fly ? Does this happen with all your aircraft ? Even the default ones ? Do not use aircraft who are meant to be used in FS9. They will not work anyway with a specific panel and gauges for FS9. Have you in MODULES the sound.dll ? Do not overwrite gauges when installing new aircraft and gauges. Further: by activating MRK you will hear the signal by passing these markers... very usefull during a landing at night. It doesn't affect your glideslope.Greetz. Jos

Guest fsjeffrey

I must admit that I'm confused and a little frustrated in my attempt to solve the glideslope problem. Please note the following:Taken from the AFCAD manual file. "The NAVAID information contained in facility files does not have any affect on how your aircraft