Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsjeffrey

Missing Glideslopes

I only have AFCAD 2.21. Under the heading "Changes for the Release 2.21", the manual states "AFCAD can now create, move, and modify navaids... " This implies that earlier versions (for FS2002?) didn't allow this. So it may be that FS2002 navaids can't be modified by AFCAD.

Guest Jos

Hi,This has no sense... I send our man my Afcad and the problem was not solved.I just had a chat with a college and he has the same problem. Maybe a reinstall of FS2002 or better a reinstall of the airport of Denver alone would solve te problem. But I do not know how to do that.Greetz. Jos

Guest Jos

Hi,Here is a way to copy and paste the KDEN .bgl file from your original FS Disc number 3.If you have FSNavigator and you point your mouse on runway 7 (or another runway) you will see also the address of the .bgl-file in Scenedb. Hope this will solve your problem.So open your FS Disc 3 and go to SCENEDB and click NOT on Open, but on the button who let you see the contence of Scenedb.Go further to Westhem and do the same. Then go to usnc and search for F5284531.bgl . Copy and paste this .bgl-file into to same directory in FS: FS2002ScenedbWesthemusncScenery. Before you backup the file who is now in FS !Greetz. Jos

I haven't been following this thread, but in FS2002, the facility data is controlled by AFD files edited by AFCAD 1. But, the aircraft responds to different files, that are edited by a program called EasyNavs 2K (EN2K410.zip). This program will extract all the navaid data out of the appropriate file into a data base, which you can then review and/or edit. Then you can resave the file, but you need the FS2002 BGLC SDK.scott s..

Guest fsjeffrey

Jose,As you suggested, I copied and pasted F5284531 from Disc 3 to my usnc/scenery, but unfortunately I still don't have a glideslope on rwy 7. Good try though. Scott,I've been using EasyNav and haven't been able to find an applicable .bgl file. Everyone I try to open says,"....not a VOR/ILS navaids file." Even F5284531 above which appears to control rwy 7 at Denver won't open in EasyNav.Can you recommend any particular "FS2002 BGLC SDK" scenery program that might help me get glideslopes at various runways at a specific airport? I have AFCAD Version 1.4 for FS2002 and can't find anything that will give me a glideslope. If it does please give me the relevant Section number.Regards,Jeffrey

Guest Jos

Hi,Well... you could reinstall FS2002... but will you do this for one missing glideslope ? Maybe you can use this as an opportinity to land manualy without the guidance of a glideslope.Sorry that I cannot help you.Greetz. Jos

Guest fsjeffrey

Jose,Thanks for sticking with me on this.You're probably right. I can live with a few bad glideslopes.Regards,Jeffrey