Sign in to follow this  
Guest aldo regozani

grouond2k4 problem

Guest aldo regozani

i am confused. why is this program called ground 2k4 if it isnt working for fs2k4? the polys i've created show up but neither the landclass nor the waterclass shows up. when i try to analyse the .bgl file and convert it to an xml file it doesnt work. the exclude file created by ground 2k4 doesnt exclude sh*t, even in the file parameters it only has the option to choose between fs2002 or cfs2. is there a program that actually works for fs2004?

Howdy,interesting post with a simple answer: user error :+ Ground2K4 works just fine in all aspects for FS9!But there are alternatives available as well - check the sticky post at the top of this forum.Cheers, Holger

Guest aldo regozani

i followed the "tutorial" which is btw for fs2002 and managed to create a satisfying LMW poly. but neither the exclude nor the assigned landclass works. well maybe i do something wrong but would appreciate if someone could tell me how to, step by step preferably. :) i have failed to exclude the existing coastline, maybe someone knows hoe to delete that, thanks.

Hello Aldo,It is so very easy to become frustrated when something does not seem to be working correctly. I never get upset if this happens to me, since this is, after all, just a hobby and should be enjoyable.Perhaps you could provide more (much more) details concerning what you have done, as this would help us elucidate the problem better than if you just say that the program does not work.As Holger points out, many, many people have had success using Ground2K4, so if it does not work for you, then you are without a doubt not using it correctly.Best regards.Luis

Guest aldo regozani

allrightiethen i have a different problem now. i had version 5.0 and updated to 5.4. so far so good i figured out how to get rid of the LWM of the original texture by filling it with water, and drawing a LWM poly on top of it. i also assigned succsessfully the landclass so the correct shape of the island shows up. but alas there is no shoreline, no waves, no beach not even one itty bitty piece of friggin sand. :( soo i double and triplechecked everything but no success. i used a LWM poly with shore, selected 1026Y as my VTP2 line, checked land on the right, checked join ends of line, width 20, layer 50 (to make sure the sucker is on top of everything) and LWM land is checked as well. island shows up where it should be but not the shoreline, hmmmm. i also drew some roads on the island and used Line/Lakeshore but no luck either. no roads no coast, what am i doing wrong?

Hello Aldo,which and how many bgl files are created, when you compile your scenery?I remember the same problem some pages back in this forum, where no vtp-line bgl's were created, because an older version of the TDF macros from Rhumbaflappy was used (and compilation failed)a) Do you use the latest version of these macros (available in the file library)?:( Do you use any excludes with names, which are later in the alphabet than the scenery bgl's?Regards,Edgar

Guest aldo regozani

uh oh i never heard of those rumbafunky files :) i dont think i have those. the only bgl files i get are the LWM the exclude (which i name with a 0_at the beginning) and the _3.bgls. no _9.bgl i guess i'll have to try the oompa loompa files, thanks for the suggestion.