Sign in to follow this  

National Airlines?

Guest 727Fan

I remember last Spring 2001 we were in Las Vegas NV for a friend's wedding. As we left the arrival runway to taxi to the gate, I saw a B757 painted in National Airlines livery. I had never seen this before.From what I've gathered, National is home in Las Vegas. Anybody know more? What's in their hangar? Where they fly? Any thing in the library for 2K2, GMAX etc?ThanksRick

Hiya Rick,This airline fly mostly 757 but also 727,737,dc10,Lockheed l10,electra,constelation,dc8,dc9If you go to my 2nd best website you can find all about themhttp://www.airliners.net/Hope this is what you look for,Love Anniette xxxxxxxxxx

National AirlinesLas Vegas basedATC call sign "Red Rock"They fly 1 type of aircraftB-757-200 seriesThey fly to the following destinationsLas Vegas (Home Base)Los AngelesSan FranciscoMiamiChicago O'HareChicago MidwayNew York (JFK)Newark (EWR)PhiladelphiaDallas Ft. WorthSeattle (Service starts 5/23)FFG offers a FS2000 National 757 (www.avsim.com/ffg)For a complete National Airlines AI time table do a search for John Thomas in the file library you will fine my National TT.For more information on National Airlines go to www.nationalairlines.comJohn

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

I thought National was absorbed by Pan Am and was history, much as Pan Am is now!Don

As was the case with PanAm, someone bought the rights to the name "National" and then began airline operations with the title. The same thing has happened with other carriers, such as Midway and Braniff. Also, PSA still operates as does Allegheney and Piedmont; all three operate under the USAirways banner. USAirways (then USAir) bought the airlines, entitling them to use the names of these older airlines as their own. I'm sure there are some other examples i've missed; usually it's startups that have the names of older airlines, but as with USAir, you will on occaision see a major carrier using the older airline as a codeshare service due to previous mergers.-Rob