Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lucky

Lowest VTP layer?

I've been sticking to keeping VTP polys on layer 7, if I want the watermask to clip them, or higher. Is there any reason not to put VTP polys on layers 4-6?Thanks!sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Hi Scott.For ground polys, I think most designers would use layer 4. That level would cover the landclass, and allow all other layers to be drawn over it... and the water polys will clip it as you noted.Dick

Hi Scott,I'm using two different layers, 5 and 6, for those VTP2 polys that require clipping by LWM water. Layer 5 is for textures without night lights and Layer 6 for those with night lights. That way I don't have to worry about that issue with night lights showing up on gravel bars or golf courses (as long as the Layer 5 and Layer 6 polys are in separate bgl files).Cheers, Holger

Thanks, Gents!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest Lucky

Hi there.I usually use layer 5 and 6. Mostly 6.I find in some projects using Layer 5 I get default landclass polys bleeding through.In other cases using layer 5 the VTP polys dont show at all.I guess ya have to find the layers that work for you and stick with them.Never tried assigning a layer less tan 5 though.Al J Sibley