Sign in to follow this  
Guest 727Fan

Gate Assignments for AI Aircraft?

Guest 727Fan

I don't know if this is AFCAD related, but is there something in a file that determines where and aircraft will park? I've found some general aviation aircraft parked at the commercial gate areas of airports. For example; Working on flight plans at KMKE I've seen Cessnas and Learjets occupying already scarce gates. When a commercial flight arrives, it disappears because the dang GA aircraft is parked in its spot. Short of using AFCAD (which I've downloaded but not executed yet) is there a way to tell GA aircraft to scram out of there and use their own GA ramps?ThanksRick

>I don't know if this is AFCAD related, but is there >something in a file that determines where and aircraft will >park? I've found some general aviation aircraft parked at >the commercial gate areas of airports. >For example; Working on flight plans at KMKE I've seen >Cessnas and Learjets occupying already scarce gates. When a >commercial flight arrives, it disappears because the dang GA >aircraft is parked in its spot. Short of using AFCAD (which >I've downloaded but not executed yet) is there a way to tell >GA aircraft to scram out of there and use their own GA >ramps? >Thanks >Rick There are a few things I can think of to address the points you bring up. To keep GA aircraft out of commercial gates, you can do multiple "layers" of AI traffic. This is done by saving multiple files of the same airport. As an example you could have KATL1, KATL2 and KATL3 etc. In KATL 1 you could use afcad to put in only the concourse gates and then have only the types of aircraft you want at those gates would use KATL1 as an origin and destination. KATL2 could be the parking areas at the FBO on the north side of the airport and you could assign GA aircraft to use KATL2 as an origin and destination. You could go even further and do a seperate airport file for each airlines concousres or blocks of gates for the ultimate in realism. all of the files would share the runways and taxiways between airport files, and the differences would lie in which gates/parking areas are included in each "airport". I guess this was long winded, but maybe it will help.MikeKOCF

Put your flight plans at the top of the flightplans.txt file. That way they'll load the gates first, instead of last.Hope this helps,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://members.aol.com/tgfltsim/index.htmlAlcoHauler Locomotive Page: http://members.aol.com/alcohauler/home/alcohaul.htmlFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Martin

Also, each aircraft will use the smallest available parking spot. If there are no GA ramp spots available a Cessna might for instance use a "gate small". If you are adding traffic it is a good idea to add parking spots to, if you don't want traffic to disappear.MartinIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Guest 727Fan

Thanks folks! Since I'm not using AFCAD yet, I'll use Tom's advice now. But when I start using AFCAD, I'll certainly grab the other advice as well.Thanks alot for the responses!Rick