Sign in to follow this  
arno

Making own ground textures.

Guest realwildwobby

How do I make my own ground textures like in FLY TAMPA's payware sceneies?Thanks,Robby

Hi Robby,Do you mean how to place them in the scenery or how to make the actual textures?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest c_boyer

Arno,I have a similar question. I am about to start a project, and I am trying to make it like FLYTampa's. I have the created a background master using real pictures. I fugured out how Martin (and I assume George as well) make their ground textures. What I am not sure about is what programs they use to break up the master image, or how to then imput in into GMAX. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.Channing

Hi,I don't know how they split them, but with a graphical image editor it should not be too hard to do. You will have to split them before you can use them in FS.For the placement, I think the FLYTampa guys wrote some SCASM/ASM code by hand, but it should also be possible to place them with GMax. I prefer to use the old Fs2002 gamepack when I make ground polygons (with some source tweaks to get them behaving correct).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest realwildwobby

Yeah, I want how should I go about doing that?Thanks for your help!>Hi,>>I don't know how they split them, but with a graphical image>editor it should not be too hard to do. You will have to split>them before you can use them in FS.>>For the placement, I think the FLYTampa guys wrote some>SCASM/ASM code by hand, but it should also be possible to>place them with GMax. I prefer to use the old Fs2002 gamepack>when I make ground polygons (with some source tweaks to get>them behaving correct).

Just make a grid of polygons in GMax and apply the different tiles of the texture to it. After that you export the scenery and apply some tweaks to make them behave like polygons.These tweaks can be found on my website.

Arno