Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jos

FSREGEN configuration

Guest Jos

Hi,As I was filling in the data in FSRegen and came to the point of "Create API", I had to choose an object. Although the Library screen was empty.Must I make a map ? What for name ? (I made one: "Library" and I saw that files were stored into this new map, but is this enough ?)... or/and must I save first the files before they appear in the screen ?And where will this API be stored ?Further: I see an item in the FSRegen-directory: Libview (configuration setting)... inside: C:.... (to fill in of cource: C:Program FilesfsregenLibrary ?)Greetz. Jos

Hi Jose,>As I was filling in the data in FSRegen and came to the point>of "Create API", I had to choose an object. Although the>Library screen was empty.>Must I make a map ? What for name ? (I made one: "Library" and>I saw that files were stored into this new map, but is this>enough ?)... or/and must I save first the files before they>appear in the screen ?>And where will this API be stored ?If I remember correct the API file is placed in the same folder as your ASM library code. If you don't have any object in your library, you can't make an API to call the object of course :).>Further: I see an item in the FSRegen-directory: Libview>(configuration setting)... inside: C:.... (to fill in of>cource: C:Program FilesfsregenLibrary ?)I also have that INI file, but I think it is created by FsRegen automatically. No need to change it or so.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Jos

Hi,Meanwhile I tried again (after reading the tutorial more carefully) and an API was made and it was put into C:gmaxmeshes (where the .asm-files are stored).I use Airport for Windows 2.6 for placing the object. But the API looks very tiny, the icon was difficult to drag to the right place and the object didn't show up.Perhaps I missed a step ? (I am nerveous, h

Guest Jos

Hi,Till now no result.I put the .asm and the 0_.asm files in a map: C:Program FilesfsregenLibrary. Then I selected the .asm-file and fill in the GUID... then clicked on "Add to list", and even saved this. I even made new .bgl-file. Further a .ocm-file was made... for what purpose ?... OK, I see now that when I click on "Load", this .ocm-file can be selected and the link is placed in the Library display.When I select this link in the Library display and clicked on "Make API", an API was made in the Library map.So... but this does not work in Airport or FSSC: the API-icon (the square image on the scenery display) doesn't appear. And in FS an error message says: object not found (GUID is shown).This "object"-thing problem gives me the creep.Hope that describes the situation clear enough to give some help.Greetz. Jos

Hi Jose,Yes, the API files are very small, as they only call the object from the lbrary. The actual code is not in the API. So you need to make sure that you also have your library BGL active in the scenery folder.>Further a .ocm-file was made... for what purpose ?This is the save format of FsRegen itself. So you don't have to enter all objects everytime you want to add just one new one. You can reload the library and add new objects from there.>So... but this does not work in Airport or FSSC: the API-icon>(the square image on the scenery display) doesn't appear. And>in FS an error message says: object not found (GUID is>shown).>This "object"-thing problem gives me the creep.The icon of the API should be roughly the size of your object. If you have a small object it can be indeed small.If you get the missing GUID error, you have very likely not compiled the library BGL or not put it in your scenery folder.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest Jos

Hi Arno,All of a sudden... the object was displayed, hurrah.Although the scale must be set right. The lamppost is twice too hight. The default is 1.00... so 0.500 ?You mention: put your library BGL active in the scenery folder.To be sure: GMAXScenery ?These API's are so tiny that they hardly can be seen on the Airport working map... no way to make them larger ? (as normal API's are).Greetz. Jos

Hi Jose,>The default is 1.00... so 0.500 ?Yes, for GMax objects made with the Fs2002 gamepack the default scale is 0.5 and not 1.0.>To be sure: GMAXScenery ?I don't know where you installed your scenery, but it should be in the same folder as where you put your AFW BGL files.>These API's are so tiny that they hardly can be seen on the>Airport working map... no way to make them larger ? (as normal>API's are).FsRegen adds a rectangle as icon that should have the size of your object. So if you have a small object, it is small. You could tweak the icon in the API of course.http://www.scenerydesign.org/forum/showthread.php?t=100

Arno

Guest Jos

Hi Arno,The scale is set and I see in Airport a rectangle symbolising my object. It's lagre enough, but I have troubles to move it by the ordinary way. With FSSC program is it easy... but in Airport I have the background map in order to place the API's much accurate.It seems that Airport has troubles with this kind of API (I think).And (that's bad) there are a few lamppost I want to delete, but no API rectangles to see on the map.I put the AFW bgl's in GMAXADDON SCENERYEBOS PLUSscenery (so I would like to call it "scenery map").Greetz. Jos

Guest Jos

Hi Arno,There is another way to move objects in Airport for Windows.Explaned in the Help files:Select the object (rectangle is this case) and then Shift + Cursor arrows keys (1 pt); Ctrl + Cursor arrows keys (5 pt) or Alt + Cursor arrow keys (20 pt).Well... well... well.Greetz. Jos