Sign in to follow this  
Guest ghrasko

Ground2k4 river and lake coast

Guest ghrasko

I recently started creating sceneries. I use Ground2k4 V5.4 to create/update watermarks, roads etc. I successfuly disabled the rivers, roads and covered the lake at the wrong place with an LWM poly land class.Now I tried re-creating a river (a wide one) and a lake. It is not clear what options shoud I use to have some texture at the river and lake shore. I selected Poly with shore and LWM poly. On the LINES tab I selected something (for example first item 1024 stream lines / unknown / perennial) and on the LWM tab I selected Water.Now the wate appears correctly, but there is no sorrounding texture (i.e. coast). I tried some other combinations as well, but then even the water did not appear.I guess Ground2k4 should create both the polygon and the shoreline. Sometimes is not correct anyhow.Any ideas?Gabor

Hello Gabor,did I understood you right: You got no shorelines (and no street lines etc.)?You might check, if your scenery results in a ***_9.bgl file. This file contains the VTP lines. If not, you should download the latest version of Richard "Rhumbaflappy" Ludowise TDF macro files. (Search for TDFmacro" in the Avsim libraries and take the latest. )Replace the older version in the Ground2k programm directory with these 2 macrofiles.Unfortunately, if you followed the upgrade path of Ground2k4, you will end up with an older version of these macros.Cheers,Edgar

Guest ghrasko

Edgar,That helped :)I try to create a VFR scenery for a smaller location for a test. It seems that I have to recreate everything, or at leat I would like to try that. I do not want to modify the default BGLs (I do not know how to do that anyhow) and I also keep the elevation mesh I have for the region.So far I only use Ground2k4.1/ I created a large LWM poly as Land to cover existing lakes and larger rivers.2/ I created Eclude Areas for layers 4-8 to disable Rivers, railways, roads, polys and shorelines.3/ I drew lakes and larger rivers as LWM Poly with Shore with VTP2 Line with Lake/swamp/Perennial texture (I define Scasm Layer = 4). There is another Layer edit box defaulted with 32, I did not bother that. Now this works and creates a _3 and a _9 bgl.Thanks,Gabor