Sign in to follow this  

Ground2K4 Question

Guest mtom

Hi guys.Got another question about these aberrant power poles in Ground2K4. I'd posted a query some time ago and thought I'd solved the problem. However, after coming back to the scenery, it's apparent the problem has resurfaced - probably never actually went away.Basically, I'm getting lines of power poles that run off in various directions, some of which seem to go on forever.They are triggered by the introduction of new VTP road polys. They initiate at the ends of these new roads. They do not relate to the roads in the default scenery and they do not relate to the third-party scenery on which I'm building.I can't get rid of them no matter what I do.If anyone can help, it'd be appreciated.Cheers,Matthew.

Hello Matthew,Just a short question, please. What version of Ground2K4 are you using?Best regards.Luis

Guest mtom

Hi Luis.Thanks for the reply.I'm on version 5.0 at the moment. Should I upgrade to 5.1?Cheers,Matthew.

Hello Matthew,In the past, we did not know how to correctly draw roads, and so there were wayward electrical poles far from the roads.As we learned the proper technique, Christian incorporated this feature in more recent versions of Ground2K4.I use version 5.33, not the latest, but it works very well. You might try moving up to a more advanced version of the program - they are all in the AvSim library.I seem to remember that you will need to first install version 5.1, as it contains all necessary files, then choose the program upgrade that you wish.Best regards.Luis

Guest mtom

Hi Luis.Thanks for the tip. Followed your suggestion. Upgraded to 5.1 and them introduced the 5.3 exe file. However, no luck. Still getting the aberrant poles. Eliminated the old roads and put new ones in, but problem continues. Further, now I've ground polys short-cutting. Rather than following all the points, they short-cut creating large triangles. Not looking good :-)Any other thoughts?Cheers,Matthew.

Hello Matthew,I have not used version 5.3 in a while, so do not really remember if there were any problems with it.Probably, all I can say is that trying different versions will usually result in one that works well.Best regards.Luis

Howdy Matthew,I'm using version 5.4 and have had no problems other than those of my own making.Wil Husted

Guest mtom

Hi. Edgar Knobloch was good enough to point out that I might have switched off a flag for a vtp poly algorithm that better handles concave or convex polies. Can't imaging how I did this but he sent me his INI file for version 5.4. After editing the directory folders text, I installed it and it solved the problem - that is, the polies no longer short cut. So, may thanks Edgar. I eliminated version 5.4 from my hard drive becuase I found that it was faulty. Others have been confronted with that same problem. As I noted on another post, either the VTP Line/Shore window would show up empty or the list displayed with faint grey text that was unresponsive to mouse clicks. The problem was not specific to any particular project. I first noticed it happening intermittently, but then it became permanent. So that's why was using version 5.3 and then 5.33.Anyway, thanks for the in put fellas and special thanks to Edgar.Cheers,Matthew.