Sign in to follow this  
Guest bahri

Some decent Malta scenery

I have been an FS nut since it became available on a 5.25" diskette, way back when.Being Maltese, I have always set up the simulator to default at Luqa airport (LMML) and I have Daniel Chircop's airport scenery for FS2004.I check out the main sites on a daily basis, hoping to find some decent scenery for the Maltese islands (MS default is truly awful) but although there seems to be scenery for every country under the sun (including some I have never hear of), Malta has been missed on all versions of FS to date.I have some mesh and landclass installed, and I suppose they do improve matters somewhat, but the general shape of the islands and the textures used are in desperate need of an expert's touch.This site gives a good indication of the textures involved.http://www.mepa.org.mt/Census/Photos/photoslink.htmAny takers out there?

John

Many thanks Jonathan.Looks like Malta will be getting the scenery it deserves.Beautiful work judging from the screenshots.Thanks again for the heads up.Regards,

John

Yes Peter. ThanksI have Daniel Chircop's airport installed.I was really referring to the islands themselves.Cheers,

John

Thank you Charles. Excellent work and a great improvement on the default. Just what I was looking for!Now I can get really homesick. I'm off to Malta in September, looking for a house. I will be retiring there in April of next year after 20 years in Switzerland.Are you based in Malta? Maybe we can meet up at some stage.Anyway, thanks again for your reply and for the files.All the best.

John

Guest bahri

Hi!Glad you like it.Yes my residence is in MaltaRegardsbahri