Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jos

Adding a list of waypoints to GPS

Guest dswo

I have a list of waypoints that I'd like to add to the GPS. (If anyone's curious, they are the reporting points used for for CVFR in Israel.) They don't have to sequence or anything, they just need to show up on the map with their names. I have the names, latitudes, and longitudes in a table. With some work, I'm sure I can fit the data into whatever format is necessary. Maybe a series of XML definitions? I don't know. Can someone point me in the right direction? E.g., if this is covered in the SDK, which one and what should I look for?

Hi,If it is covered in a SDK, it is the BGLComp SDK. But I am not 100% sure if waypoints are also in there.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Jos

Hi,Have some information about adding waypoints.This is for adding waypoints in FSNavigator...-------------------------Examples:ADDING WAYPOINTS IN FSNAVIGATORIn FSnav under directory MODULES / subdirectory FSNAVIGATOR, further subdir BIN.Add to the file isec.txt the data (waypoints) you want to see.Example: waypoint ALBER. You cannot simply add the coordinates as N51 14.3 E004 30.5... It goes as follows:N51 14.3 you write as:51 + 14.3/60=51 + 0.238333=51.238333 E004 30.5 you write as:4 + 30.5/60=4 + 0.508333=4.508333So, at the bottom of the isec.txt file you add:ALBER 51.238333 4.508333 15The meaning of number 15 at the end of the row is not clear (dixit the author of this topic). This is for all the waypoints the same.Then you save the isec.txt file.And then make the Database for FSNavigator again. The waypoint ALBERRT will be on his place.Succes...------------------------------So, if you know the coordinates of your own house, you could add this also in the list under "HOUSE" and see it in FSNav. ... and hopely on the GPS ?Greetz. Jos