Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lucky

Ground 2K problem with large size work Images

Guest Lucky

Hi all.When I complie my project Im loosing the water poly bgl (_3.bgl)I tried creating new projects around 2094 X 1437 and 8 MB as an example.I use satalite shots over a screen shot of the sim with a cell grid activated over the area. Reason for increasing the size was to be able to zoom in on my project without it looking like a giant checker board, thus alowing me the opertunity for greated detailing. My projects cover on average, a GRID of 3 across by 2 down.Its a rather small ground coverage in my projects.It seems when I compile the project I create all the necessary bgl,s except the Water poly _3.bgl.If I do a smaller area of coastal water and save, it creates it fine.This has only become an isue since using larger images (Pixel size).Is there a way to correct this or am I asking too much here.Help here would be greatly appreciated.Al Sibley

Hello Al,I once had that problem when trying to place water masks that were on top of land masks that were on top of water masks. It seems that previous, and perhaps the latest, versions of Ground2K4 could not automatically handle layering that complex in an automatic way.It may all come down to the version of Ground2K4 that you use. Christian corrected problems and released newer versions all the time.In any case, your project is rather small, so the size of the bitmap should not be the cause of the problem.Best regards.Luis

Guest Lucky

Thanks Luis for getting back to me so quickly.Ive been using 5.40 for some time now without a problem untill I decided to increase the size of my image pixels.My usual standard procedute along a default body of water is to create a fill of land using F1/poly and than cutting away the shore using a LWM water poly without shoreline. In all my work on Thunderbay2 and others this worked great.I used a combo of 5.1 and than later 5.40.I use to have a detailed image on a second monitor to help guide me throught them maze of blured pixels to try to follow coastlines as acurately as I could.This was killing my eyes!!!It seams the greater the detail and size of my Water LWM the creation of the _3.bgl fails.If I go back and delete 90% than the water bgl is created fine.Its like I go over a limit and I loose it.Al

Hello Al,you could check, if in the program directory of Ground2k the file "Ground2k$Poly_LWM.asm" is created (check the filedate). Thats the ASM-Source file.Try to compile this by yourself - maybe the compilation with bglc.exe fails for any reason. As far as I know, error messages from bglc.exe are not presented to the G2k4 user.Cheers,Edgar

Hi Al.I don't think Ground2K4 has the latest version of the TDFMacros.incThere have been some reports of the TDFMacros.inc included with Ground2K4 package causing problems.The current TDFMacros are here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...04sd&DLID=53313That zip package also includes BGLC_9, which will compile all ASM files for the sim correctly.. including FS9 scenery and aircraft ASM files.Just rename BGLC_9.exe as bglc.exe to insure compatibility. The output defaults to the .BGL extension. If you are making aircraft or FS9 scenery objects, you'll need to simply change the extension to .MDLDick

Guest Lucky

Thanks All for your help guysI believe I have the latest TDFmacros set as with the default I could not compile lines.I will definitly check in the morning to see if the one IM using is the latest versionI tried to manually compile the G2K LWM poly ASM file.It won't manually compile either althought all the others will.Im stumped here. I wish I knew what to look for within the ASM text.I might try comparing it to an older one I have saved to disk. Cant hurt, or compile another project ans compare the two. Something is messed up and its probly something so simple, Always is.Again thanks all for trying to help me on this one. I much appreciate it.Al

Guest Lucky

OK Guys I narrowed things down now .This might be of intrest.I broke my Water LWM up into 5 smaller areas.Than one by one I changed each to a temporary line and compiled the project again.changing it back to water each time it failed.When I got to the 4th block and changed it to a line It worked and I was able to compile a Water _3.bgl.I than changed that again to a Land LWM to see if it might be a issue thats not being cought while compiling.Again I was able to create a water bgl.Now that I have the area cornered, I broke that block up into another 2.I changed one to a Line and when compiled I failed to create a water LWM bgl. I than reverted it back to a water and changed the other to a Line figuring this must be the culpret and again NO water bgl was compiled.SO what Im stuck withis a small but detailed section of coast that either way when designated a water LWM . prevents the Water bgl from being created. I wish I were up there on my therory to understand what the heck is happening here.Al

Hello Al,thats good news! If you can break the problematic part into a very small project file, I suggest to send it to the Christian Fumey, the author of G2k4, for analysis.Just for my own curiosity you could send it to me or attach it to this disscussion.Regards,Edgar

Guest Lucky

Thanks Edgar.I would be more than happy to send it to you.The image is around 9 MB .I could Zip the respected files up and send them to you.Im on Yahoo as aj_sibs That might be the best way.Im lost here now.Just let me know what files you would need.Im sort of stuck here because untill I solve this delema,I cant move forward. Thanks AL

Hello Al,It might be just as simple to indicate the precise area on which you are working and to post some small images of your Ground2K4 work space, so that we can better see the nature of your project. Sometimes, a picture will help immensely in understanding a problem.Best regards.Luis

Guest Lucky

Thanks Edgar .I tried several times replying to your email yesterday but it kept comming back .I have it all zipped up for you.Can you please resend me an email with a return address and I can get this off to you right away.AL

Guest Lucky

Hi LuisHere is a screen shot I took with the problem area outlined in yellow.I hope this helps.The only other way I can see around this is to cut the coast out along the shore inland a bit.This time using as few points as possible.PRAY it compiles!!!!!Than create another project using the same image and draw in the land.Only problem is that the elevation will take the form of the water.In this case it will work because the whole are is old lake bottom.Id like to solv this especially for future projects.Al

Hi Al,thanks for sending me the source files!I think, I found the cause of this problem. Bglc.exe fails to compile the LWM source file with the following error:Ground2K4$_Poly_LWM.asm(771) : error A2071: initializer magnitude too large for specified sizeLWMDataAreaDrawPolygonsEx(9): Macro Called From Ground2K4$_Poly_LWM.asm(771): Include FileThe faulty command is:LWMDataAreaDrawPolygonsEx 7,3,1,19,29,381LWMDataAreaDrawPolygonsEx supports only upt to 260 polygons, not 381 like in your file.Ground2k4 breaks a complex polygon up into a number of simpler ones (mostly triangles). LWMDataAreaDrawPolygonsEx heads a list of polygons in one area. If more than 260 polygons are in one area, the code should use a second list of polygons in that area, headed by another LWMDataAreaDrawPolygonsEx command.Maybe G2k4 could be improved in that aspect.As a workaround in the moment you should use a more simpler shape for your LWM polygon.Cheers,Edgar

Guest Lucky

THanks a mint Edgar.What Im going to do than is make the shoreline water LWM alot simpler and than cut my detail out as a Land LWM.I seem to have no problem in size when Im working with land polys.Its a lot more work but at the same time the end resault is nice.Ya lear something new every day.Again Thanks