Sign in to follow this  
Guest geognut

Photo Scenery Maker -- grey/white line problem

Guest geognut

Hi,I have a rather large 68 MB file (5590 x 4227) color bitmap I wanted to load into Photo Scenery Maker for a specific coverage area I'm interested in. When I select the file for use with summer only, the photo loads only for a second and then alternating grey and white vertical lines appear, moving slowly up the screen. It stops after a minute or so and the photo reappears. But if I move the scroll bar horizontally or vertically at all, the whole process repeats again with the annoying grey/white lines and I have to wait and wait and wait..... I basically can't do anything, and I often have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to stop the program.The only workaround I have is to split the photo into smaller chunks and work with each one individually. But then it becomes a problem because you need a certain amount of overlap between adjacent photos, in order for the LOD grids to be defined properly. So I really don't want to split it up, if I can help it.My guess is that my file is just too big to work with in Photo Scenery Maker. Anyway, I would be interested to hear if others had similar problems with the strange grey/white lines and if you had a solution.thanks,

Guest statto

If you're still having problems with PSM, try Terrabuilder - and run the tutorial, it's rather hard to figure out otherwise.

I suggest SBuilder. I have used up to 200mb files. Size limitation seems to be memory - real & paged. Simple concept - load BMp with Map command, calibrate (size), select areas (LOD8) of the map to use in BGLwith Photo tool, then compile.Small section showing Oakland, California airport. BMPS from Sbuilder.Dick Boley @KLBEhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/123022.jpg

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest geognut

I finally figured out how to get this to work. There doesn't seem to be any problem loading a large bitmap. The file size isn't the problem. To avoid the vertical grey/white lines from appearing when loading a bitmap image, do the following:1. File > New. Select the image to import. If you click the Coordinates tab, you'll see the values are all "0". Click CANCEL.2. Now, do this again. File > New. Select the image to import. This time if you click the Coordinates tab, you'll see the proper values filled in. Very weird. In the Output tab, select an ouput directory and give the base file name. Click OK. The image loads fine.So, it's some bug in the program that requires you to open a new bitmap, cancel it, then open it again.I'm just documenting this in case anyone has a similar problem in the future.