Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scott Campbell

Planes get tired and faint!! Not a long post at all!!

Hey guys,I have just recently encountered some interesting things in FS2002.Wait a sec, before I go further, let me tell you I am BIG GA person. having flown GA aircraft in real life. Thus the need for your assistance below.Now back to the show. I recently spotted the "POSKY BEAUTIES" speaking of course of the new GMAX A330s and 767s. Also Mike stone's awesome L-1011s. It's just awesome to see all this beauty.;(8Now to blow it all away with one fell swoop. I have been trying to do some, kinda long flights, between Nassau, Bahamas and say Miami, New York, Atlanta, Mexico, Chicago and so on. BUT, when I try to get these babies up to at least hmmm.... I'd say 32000 Ft. the planes stall out ((:-fume)). I have tried all the Jets I have. I climb out to 15,000 ft nicely at say between 250-300kts. I notice after that speed starts to bleed off, IAS, TAS and GS all begin to slow. Getting up there to 30000 ft I am maybe doin 160kts at full throttle, AP set at say 200fpm ( oh yeah I have tried different values for FPM. 1500FPM to 100FPM same deal ). Then comes the stall.:-grrPlease I can take critcism well ( well almost ) (8-| help me out. Am I missing something, doing something wrong? Is there a configuration setting I need to change? Thanks for your help.Later,Jay

Guest Martin

Hi Jay. You shouldn't trade off airspeed (it seems like that's what your doing). In a 767, you should climb at 250 KIAS to 10,000' and then at around 290-310 KIAS. Above around 20,000' the climb rate will start to decrease, but that's normal.It is important to remember not to bring more fuel than you need, and know the performance of your airplane when heavy loaded. A 767 at MTOW will for instance not safely climb higher than about FL310, and the last few thousand feet the climb rate might not be more than 500 fpm.Hope this helps...MartinIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

The 767 uses a 250/290/.78 climb gradient.What this means is that you climb at 250 IAS up to 10,000 feet, accerlerate to 290 IAS and climb until that equals Mach 0.78, then climb the rest of the way to your cruise altitude at Mach 0.78.Because of the way airspeed works, as you maintain 290 IAS your mach number will increase, but then as you maintain Mach 0.78 your IAS will decrease as you climb.If the flight model is correct, the highest you can get to at your heaviest weight is around FL 350, this is at 420,000 lbs. To maintain 0.78 Mach up the aircrafts' service ceiling of FL 430 you need to be at 300,000 lbs. or less.The Typical cruise speed is 0.78-0.80mw

Umm You might wanna make sure your flaps and gear are up, and make sure that you dont accidently have your spoilers deployed.. Also make sure that you have your de-ice on.. that sometimes helps with the problem of the speed slowing down..:-wave

All excellent advice!! I really appreciate it guys!! I will look at my configurations again and try to figure it all out!!Thanks guys!!Later,Jay

When we test flew the POSKY airliner these same problems came up. What I did is install one of the old POSKY 767 airfiles into the new aircraft and got it to fly GREAT! We are doing the same thing on the Airbus.You can get the improved 767 at our site below.Regards,Ed Ward, JrChief PilotWestWind, VAwww.flywestwind.com

Does de-ice really do anything in FS2002?

No. It's fake. Pitot heat works, but not any other de-icing.michael

Guest Scott Campbell

Ed,Spaking of new craft, how's the new GV coming?