Sign in to follow this  
Guest Horgy

Taxiways showing through exclude?

Guest Horgy

Hi Guys,I'm using SceneGenX to rework some taxiways at a default airport, i've excluded the default objects with an exclude area but i'm getting some strange effects with taxiways.. Observe!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/123023.jpgAny idea's why those bits show through? Also, after I moved a runway a bit the taxiway curves that are calculated haven't moved - you can see that where i've highlighted at the bottom, and where the runways cross. How do I recalculate them? Hope that makes sense...Horgy/edit for spelling

Open your project, select Sections, Airport Data, your airport, and look on the right side of the open menu for Default Scenery Delections. Do you have delete all taxiways selected? If not, check the box, recompile, and see if the problem is solved.FS2004 uses two methods of removing airport items, Default Scenery Deletions and Exclusions. The items removed under Default Scenery Deletions take precedence over exclusions. Exclusions cover items not covered by Default Scenery Delections.The runway shift problem. The taxiway system includes the line down the center of the runway. In SGX, the visible runway doesn't have the line as part of the runway, as does AFCAD. Therefore, you have to make a line down the center of the runway, just like you do for a taxiway but you code it as a runway taxiway line vice just a taxiway. If you move the runway or taxiway adjoining the runway, you need to readjust the runway taxiway line also. Use the function to turn off the visible runway to view the underlying runway taxiway line. Make the adjustments, then turn on the visible runway to see if the adjustments fixed the problem.W. Sieffert

Guest Horgy

You sir, are a genius. Thanks for your help!Horgy