Sign in to follow this  
arno

Attached Fence Becom Invisiblr at Close Distance

Guest rudolfliu

Hi guys,I just attached fence object to individual box to make a line of fence. It shows up in my FS as attached picture. But when I approch close to fence or swing my view to certain angle, the whole fence disappears!!Does anyone know the root cause about such situation? How can I solve this problem?THX!Rudolf

Hi Rudolf,I guess the bounding box of your object has not been set correct. This results in the object dissapearing when it should not yet.The easiest way to correct this from GMax to make a box that has the size of the area covered by all your attached objects and make that box 100% transparant. In that case no polygons are drawn for it, but the bounding box is set correct.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest rudolfliu

Hi Arno,It works!! I made a big transparent box to cover all my object attached boxes. Now no matter how close to the fence, I can see it at any angle of view.But I am wondering if this box will slow dwon the render speed? Especially for low end computer, does this big box will show up visibily first & then change to transparent later?Thanks a lot!!Rudolf

Guest rudolfliu

Hi Arno,Just find another problem, my fence doesn't cast shadow...Do you know what's going wrong there? THX,Rudolf

Hi Rudolf,No, if you set the opacity to 0 then no code of the box ends up in your MDL file. So it has totally no effect on the performance.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Hi Rudolf,I have no idea about the shadows. I never used attached objects like you do now, so I have no idea if that removes theirs shadows.I assume the shadow shows then you place the library object normal?

Arno