Sign in to follow this  
arno

Gmax Lighting Help!

Guest KMTC

Howdy, I need to make some lighting for a hangar/shelter I'm working on in GMAX- however, after adding some lights and installing the shelter in flightsim the lights dont show up. any ideas??? anything could help...

Hi Matt,How did you (try to) add the lights in GMax? If we know that we might be able to tell you where it went wrong.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest KMTC

Well that's pretty much the problem- i dont know how to. I just "threw" in one of each: "target spot" , "Target direct" , "free spot", "free direct", and "omni light" lights, but nothing shows up at night. I need a quick tutorial on how to make ceiling lights that shine down and fill the hangar with light.

Guest Jos

Hi,I use "landinglights" and there are some tutorials "add landinglights". They cast light and have a lightsspot on the ground... as landinglights do.Greetz. Jos

Guest KMTC

That should work- could you please direct me to a "add landinglights" tutorial??

Guest Jos

Hi,It will be a little difficult to point a site where you can download a few good tutorials. Start with a search on Google: Add landingslights. There is an excellent tutorial from a certain Chris. I followed another tutorial, named "Making a landing/taxilight object" + a link to an example (showing a landinglight at Meigs). (In fact I used the GMAX made example).All together gives you enough info to see clear in this matter.Greetz. Jos

Guest Jos

Hi,The name of the zipfile = Landlite.Jos

>Well that's pretty much the problem- i dont know how to. I>just "threw" in one of each: "target spot" , "Target direct" ,>"free spot", "free direct", and "omni light" lights, but>nothing shows up at night. I need a quick tutorial on how to>make ceiling lights that shine down and fill the hangar with>light.These options indeed do not work, MakeMDL does not support these lights of GMax. You need to make a simple box or triangle and apply a material to it with a name as LIGHT_LAND or LIGHT_NAV. See the MakeMDL SDK for more details (or search the forum, it has been discussed before).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog