Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightplan

Tower placement problem

Guest flightplan

HI,Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this message but thought I'd start here.I created an airport using Lee Swordy's AFCAD 2.1. Everything works and there are no problems with the addon scenery. However, there is one problem-I have no tower view. I placed the tower in AFCAD and gave it 200ft above the airport elevation. I can see part of the airport in tower view but it's about 1 mile away.It seems like FS2004 is over-riding the coordinates for the tower in AFCAD. Is there a part of one of the FS2004 configuration files that allows placement of the same coordinates I have in AFCAD?:-hmmm I tried finding a configuration entry but I can't find anything - maybe it's my eyes.Any help, suggestion, tips, or hints will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.Tom:-)

Hi Tom,every time you save a flight situation the tower position will be saved in the .FLT file. Thus, even if you've changed the tower view coordinates in AFCAD, loading that previously saved flight will load the old tower position.The way around this is to either set up a new flight situation (e.g., start a flight at another airfield, then use GoTo Airport to select the desired airfield and aircraft position, then save that as a flight situation) or open the FLT file of your current flight situation in a text editor and edit the Tower coordinates to match those in your AFCAD file.Cheers, Holger

Guest flightplan

>Hi Tom,>>every time you save a flight situation the tower position will>be saved in the .FLT file. Thus, even if you've changed the>tower view coordinates in AFCAD, loading that previously saved>flight will load the old tower position.>>The way around this is to either set up a new flight situation>(e.g., start a flight at another airfield, then use GoTo>Airport to select the desired airfield and aircraft position,>then save that as a flight situation) or open the FLT file of>your current flight situation in a text editor and edit the>Tower coordinates to match those in your AFCAD file.>>Cheers, HolgerHI,Thanks Holger for your reply. I will certainly give your suggestions a go. The airport I created with AFCAD is the only problem I have with a tower view so I figured I was not doing something right.Thanks again.Regards,Tom:-)