Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jos

Little bit of misery

Guest Jos

Hi,Using GMAX 1.2 and running FS2002. Building an airport.As I saw that some .bgl's became to big, I decided to split the scenery in question: apron (base texture / white lines / yellow taxiines + number parkingspots).Note that I am not shure to mix 2D (lines) + 3D (rounded corners and ellips ones, made with a tube without a height value). That's my first question.In order to do the things right (I think): I loaded the base apron and then (after drawing the lines) I deleted the apron.In a second stage, I draw the yellow taxilines (together with the white lines), but I remarked that the file becaome to big. The running proced became long.And all of a sudden, an error message said: you have textured a plane but no UV coordinates were given. In this case: white and yellow color upon lines 0.3 meters width (with their nighttexture in FS/TEXTURES). I can click these message away... but at a moment I didn't see the yellow lines anymore in FS. Second problem.I have made backups (with the risk to bring a maybe become corrupt file into the new installed GMAX... what I did: install a new GMAX).I like to know if my procedure to split up the apron files into base, white lines and yellow lines, is the right method, etc...Greetz. Jos

Guest Jos

Hi,Have done the necessary steps and installed a new GMAX.For what concerns the error message saying: "You have textured a plane but no UV coordinates were given"... the following solution works.There was an item which I made and was too complicated for loosing it. I made a little plane and activated the "Generate mapping coords" (this was the step I forgot to do and gave me the error massage !). Merged the named item and put the little plane on it. Then I gave it the same color (texturing) and attached one to eachother so that they became one. Result: no error message anymore, h

Hi Jose,Have you tried the export selected option instead of the normal export? That should allow you to only export the selected part of your scene.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Jos

Hi Arno, A sort of... by merging those parts I need into a new .bgl-file and make the corrections as well. That's a lot of work, but at last it will be a better looking scenery too.I think this was not a wasted time, but a normal evolution in building a scenery... it's growing to maturity (my vision for this moment, h