Sign in to follow this  
Guest knnygar

Manually adding approch lights?

Guest knnygar

I am in the process of making a sloping runway.I have used Light_land in Gmax (FS2002 mode) to create the T-bar lights at the end of the runway.But the problem is the Plasi lights that should be at a 5' angle.I have tried Afcad2, but the rwy ends are not at the same altitude so this is not optimal.http://www.scenerysunnmore.com/images/bruk...-05-2005_05.jpghttp://www.scenerysunnmore.com/images/bruk...-05-2005_06.jpgI'm also planning on putting running rabbit lights on another airport with the same problem of different altitudes.Is there any program, or manual editing that allows me to do these things?

Hi,Do you mean you want to put the lights themself at a certain angle or that they should only be visible from that angle?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest knnygar

I want to place the two PLASI/PVASI lights at different altitudes.Rwy 06 is at 73,5 meters and rwy 24 is at 72,6 meters above sea level.I would like to place them in Gmax (effect/api maybe?), since it would be the easiest way to position them.I have tried to use API with SceneGenX, but I get errors when I try to export and I'm not sure if this is the easiest way?There are one TVASI.API in SceneGenX, but I'm not sure if this is what I need.I have been able to do easy modifications in effects and scasm files, but I have no idea if it would be possible to do what I want with these.