Sign in to follow this  
arno

A couple of questions

Guest fin10

Hi,I am attempting to construct a number of sceneries. The first requires a sort of net which, is obviously see through. I am aware that to make textures see through in FS9, they are to be made black however, I have made my texture using a green colur, filled in with black and I now have a green and black net. What am I missing to make the black bits see through?Secondly, I am trying to get an example fireworks xml file so that I can see how it is constructed. Would anyone mind sending me an xml file to look at or point me in the right direction for one to download?Cheers

Hi,>I am attempting to construct a number of sceneries. The first>requires a sort of net which, is obviously see through. I am>aware that to make textures see through in FS9, they are to be>made black however, I have made my texture using a green>colur, filled in with black and I now have a green and black>net. What am I missing to make the black bits see through?You need to add an alpha channel to the image. With the alpha channel you can define which parts need to become transparant (and that does not depend on the color you use in the image itself).In this article I describe how you can make one:http://www.scenerydesign.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57>Secondly, I am trying to get an example fireworks xml file so>that I can see how it is constructed. Would anyone mind>sending me an xml file to look at or point me in the right>direction for one to download?Are you trying to place the default firework effects? Or do you mean something else.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest fin10

Thanks for the reply. No, I am not using default firworks. I am trying to make an effect like an explosion of sorts. I am trying to make a battle ground for a virtual Air Force.

Ah, ok. But sorry then I can't help. Making effects is not really my area of scenery design :). I assume you have already studied the default FX files of FS?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest fin10

The FX files yes, but I need an XML file. I was hoping to find the one for the chicago fireworks, I think it is, within the FS9 default scenery but, I cannot find it.

Hi,The XML file is nothing special. Just a SceneryObject command with the right coordinates and inside it a Effect command to place the effect itself. The BGLComp SDK will tell you all you need to know about that.

Arno