Sign in to follow this  
Guest kenmc

Excluding bridges and roads in FS9

Guest kenmc

Hi Folks I'm trying to exclude a bridge and road in FS9 that are not in the right place. I've tried getting rid of the bridge using FSSC with no success. I've looked over the document "Beginners Guide for Scenery Design" in this Forum and thought that "DefArea V2.0" might be the solution. I downloaded and installed the program and placed the FSconnect.dll in the modules folder of FS9 as instructed but when I activate the DefArea.exe I get the message "Error comunicating with FSconnect:1". Not sure what I'm doing wrong or even if this is the correct way of eliminating this bridge and road.Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Ken

Hi Ken,DefArea is certainly the easiest tool for this because you slew in the sim to trace the road or bridge and then end up with a separate bgl file that you can activate/deactivate as needed.Perhaps a stupid question: did you have FS9 running when trying to start DefArea? You can use Excl8.exe (for excluding entire LOD8 sections, which are about 30x30km) externally but for DefArea.exe FS9 needs to be running.Cheers, Holger

Guest kenmc

Holger Your right I didn't have FS9 running because the read me file said "The first time,start DefArea.exe alone, without FS9". I've now removed all my annoying roads and bridge. Thanks very much for your help. Its a very useful and easy to use little program. Regards, Ken