Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tony_A

Brisbane Airport (Eagle Farm), Australia - YBBN

Guest mattbellette

I've noticed that just about every major airport within Australia has been fairly comprehensively designed and some very realistic scenery released, with one exception - Brisbane (Eagle Farm) YBBN. I don't know if many other people are bothered by this, but I think the default scenery of FS9 for Brisbane airport is quite simply pathetic.I have seen AFCAD files for Brisbane, but not one scenery add-on.There is not one airbridge at either the domestic or international terminals and the terminal buildings look nothing whatsoever like the actual buildings. Would someone out there in the flight-sim world be planning to design or is currently designing scenery for a much more realistic Brisbane Airport in Australia?I, for one, would welcome with open arms a detailed Brisbane Airport for FS9 and would like to hear from anyone who shares my thoughts on this.

There is a YBBN scenery for FS2002 that still works in FS2004 (it may have some rare ground texture flickering in FS2004 as far as I remember). The author is Shayne Butler and the filename to look for is ybbnfs22.zip. It's in the AVSIM file library.Cheers,Siggy

Siggy Schwarz

Guest mattbellette

Thanks for that Siggy, much appreciated. However I was looking for scenery designed exclusively for FS9. Perhaps it's just me, but I don't think the scenery for FS2K2 looks that great in FS9 - I have a keen eye for detail (keeping in mind limitations of computers and scenery design software, of course) and don't like to download anything but the most realistic add-ons for my FS9. Other people may be happy with it and that's fine, this is just my own personal choice and opinion.

Guest Tony_A

G'day Matt, I have done a Rwy12 update that adds jetways and a few bits and pieces to the basic YBBN airport. you can get it here...http://www.virtualvfr.com/While you're there have a look at a lot of other good Aussie scenery add-ons that are available. Damien Moriarty did a FS2002 version of Brisbane airport and was working on a FS2004 version in GMax that looked like being a really excellent bit of scenery but unfortunatley due to family problems has completely withdrawn from flightsimming and scenery design. We are all hoping that he will one day decide to return to it. I don't know if Damien's FS2002 version is still available anywhere but you could do a search under author on the usual sites. Cheers Tony