Sign in to follow this  
Guest SD Sim

Lockup

1. I have started getting lockups with FS2002 every so often when the brakes indicator comes on the bottom left corner, overspeed warning, or messages scroll across the screen in multi-player mode. The mouse pointer is still active but everything else is locked. We had some electrical outages which caused some problems, but doing a system recovery and re-installing FS2002 I was getting complete freezes as soon as I started. I took out my old sound card and installed a SoundBlaster Live 5.1. 2. I installed FSMETEO with FSIUPC 2.85, has anyone had any problems with the program or the new modules? Will a previous module work with FSMETEO? I am going to try and see if it works without FSMETEO. I am using 23.11 drivers for my NVIDIA card. 3. I also am getting a static and popping noise with FS2002 but not with any other programs. One major note is that I am not a computer whiz. If anyone could help I would apprecieate it. Thanks Jeremy Wright

I have updated the BIOS, defrag, re-installed FS2k2 and still getting lokcups, but yet mouse does not freeze. Can anyone help me? Never have had these problems before with FS2k2.Jeremy Wright

Guest SD Sim

Hi Jeremy,There have been a number of threads recently regarding lockups. Like yourself, I am not a computer wizard. However, I can provide the following advice. For those like yourself that have add-on modules to FS2K2, remember that using the uninstall option to remove FS2K2 will only remove the default software. If you look after the uninstall, you will see that your add-on material is left behind. What I found helpful is to then delete (or move to a temporary folder) all this remaining software, then reinstall FS2K2. Make sure that it runs properly, then reinstall your other add-ons (either from your temporary folder, or better yet, from the original ZIP files). I think in many cases like yours, this may be the solution to your woes. Hope this helps.