Sign in to follow this  
Holger

HELP...The only thing holding up my airport...See pic PLS...

Hi Adam,I assume that's the default flatten for that airfield?If so I'd use Steve Greenwood's FSTFlatten - http://www.fs-traveler.com/flatten.shtml - to trace the lake and give that flatten file its appropriate elevation. Alternatively, should you already have a project file for this area in SBuilder or Ground2K4, you can draw in a fixed-elevation LWM water poly on top of the existing lake.If the drop from the airfield level to the lake level is too sudden you could aslo add one or more aditional flatten slivers to have a more gradual, stepped change in elevation. However, you may run out of room because you don't want your flatten to "dig underneath" the runway itself.Good luck!Cheers, Holger

Hi Jon,yes, if it is at a higher priority. I used this approach to adjust lake elevations near the PANC flatten for the Alaska Cinematic/Ultimate Terrain patch.The reason people usually don't use flattens to change airport elevations is that all the other structures (runway, taxiway, buildings, etc.) are fixed in elevation within their own files, which are not affected by flatten switches. Well, you know the complexity of moving or lifting/dropping default airfields ;-)In any case, for the lake this should work as long as the flatten doesn't reach back to the runway.Cheers, Holger

Guest abent

Thanks a lot Holger for the explanation. Al Sibley of Flight Ontario told me about this program not long after posting. However, by that time I had already shortened the lake to work with the default flatten. I plan to download the flatten program and return the lake to its original size and shape.Thanks again,Adam