Sign in to follow this  
Guest VulcanB2

Error "Invalid .x File" [DISREGARD]

Guest VulcanB2

Hi,When I look at the error log, this is what it gives me. Not very helpful! The .x file itself just contains a hex value.I created a building using 18 boxes. It (on its own) exported fine. As soon as I had started to texture it, it produces this error. I've textured buildings in the past and they exported OK.I mapped a texture, then unwrapped the UV per face, and it had multiple faces on one side. It seemed to unwrap OK. I did copy the texture within the material editor which deleted the original texture reference. I renamed it (inside the material editor in gMax) just in case this refernce was broken (hence the error) and re-mapped all the textured objects back to this texture.Can I delete all the textures from my model if the fix to the original error can't be found? Stupid me didn't back up first. :( I'd like to know what caused the error, hence this post - it could be obvious to someone more familiar with gMax and scenery/aircraft design as to what happened.Thanks in advance. Best regards,Vulcan.

Guest VulcanB2

Hi,Disregard - bad day! :(Fixed! :DBest regards,Vulcan.

Guest VulcanB2

Hi,I found out what caused it:Example:You already have a box textured in the scene with a mateial in the material editor. You create another box. Instead of first launching the material editor and applying a material, you immediately convert it to an editable mesh, then select Unwrap UVW. It complies, and you spend the next few minutes adjusting your texture. If you try and export it like this, it won't.You HAVE to go to the material editor and first apply the texture to the object. I'm not sure if this is a design flaw or what, but failure to first apply the texture from the material editor, then unwrapping the UVW results in MakeMDL being unable to export the model.Best regards,Vulcan.