Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ruahrc

A couple questions regarding seaplane-capable AFCADs

Guest Ruahrc

Sent you an email. Thanks again! Let me know how they work for you.Ruahrc

>Yes, the sunken runway proposal is interesting. All the boat>AFCADs for FreeFlow Bermuda are -10 feet or so. Never tried>it. Let us know what you find out.>>JonDon't try this John. I did that because I had a problem with the wake of the cruise ship not showing as it crossed the Ferry taxiways. It seems that FS9 doesn't like a negative runway or airport. The patch was to correct this. A negative elevation runway and airport gives the Runtime Error R6025. Another thing that will cause this error is to have 2 folders for the same "plane" in the aircraft folder. FS9 doesn't look at the folders in the aircraft folder for the planes, it looks at the aircraft.cfg for the "Title". You can't have 2 aircraft with the same title,Runtime Error.Joe Watsonhttp://home.comcast.net/~raptor67/Joe_W/Joe_sig.jpg

Guest Ruahrc

Oh yes I forgot to add that my experiments in sunken runways didn't work either. Even when I lowered the AI runway to -10 feet, I still "bumped" when crossing it with my user floatplane. AI aircraft that spawned at the airport were at airport elevation (0) but I would be willing to guess that AI aircraft landing at the airport would sink to -10 feet. So I leveled everything off again to 0 feet.Things seemed OK with the new water taxiways and apron routes, however, as I ran some crash tests where I overran the still-concrete runways going at about 80+kts on the water and I didn't crash. Maybe the previous times were flukes, or maybe I took too much of a beating because all the other taxiways I "bumped" on.Ruahrc

Guest Ruahrc

Update: after a bit of downtime due to a move, I got a chance to write up a readme and finish the AFCADs today. I just submitted them for upload on avsim so they should show up in a day or so. pnw_seaplane_afcads.zip.Thanks for all the help everybody! And enjoy the AFCADs!Ruahrc