Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jos

Help Adding Carriers

Guest DoyleChris

Would somebody please help me i have been asking for help all over and nobodyis helping. I would like to place carriers around the USA. I have FS DesignStudio2, Afcad 221, Airport 3, in the process of downloading SceneGenX, FSSCFlight Simulator Scenery Creator. I have a Template of a Carrier for FS DesignStudio, I did some edit and removed the cranes people and mules from the decksaved as a api opened up in FSSC created a Surface Area it seemed to work but ifall though every time after a few seconds on the deck. Also i opened it up inAirport 3 created a Surface area thats asphalt and the right height but i fallthough also. If somebody could help me out with it please email me atchris@emailcart.net

Guest Jos

Hi,This problem: falling through the flightdeck has been described here before. HOW TO CONFIGURE A LANDABLE FLIGHTDECK ?1. Place your carrier on the center point.2. Make always first your invisible flightdeck.3. Make then your invisible runway at sealevel, larger than the flightdeck.4. Make a flatten area around your carrier.5. Add an invisible VOR and ILS as you wish.I have setup many aircraft carriers for my FS initiative "Operations" and we fly when a disaster occurs. You can read all about on my site http://www.users.skynet.be/maximil and look for "Operations". The last initiative was to help people of New Orleans, Louisiana USA.At your service. Jos

Guest DoyleChris

Sorry bud dosent help me much what do you use for the invisible flightdeck runway an flatten area.

Guest Jos

Hi,Sorry... I didn't mention that I use Airport for Windows.There is the choice for set a runway. You can specify this runway as invisible.The flatten is for the general file and not specific for the flightdeck.Hope this helps. Jos

Guest Jos

Hi again...So you have to setup two invisible runways (one for the flightdeck and one as anchor* (* otherwise you will sit upon a water mountain).Greetz. Jos

Guest Jos

Hi again (2)...If you use Airport for Windows: don't forget to set the visual range to kilometers (maximum 50 kilometers) instead of using meters ! Very important !Greetz. Jos

Guest DoyleChris

Well i have a person helping me on doing it with GMAX so i tried Airport for Windows 3.0 and i gave up on it. I tried every combo i can think of runways, helopads, flatten areas, polygons, surface area, elevated polygon, all i get is a jet that falls into the ocean and the GMAX idea isnt working i tried writing a XML file but it needs a runway in that wen i compile with BGLCOMP and when i try to add a afcad parking spot it crashes out of FS2004 when i try to go to it.

Guest Jos

Well well well...I am using the airport carrier from Shipyards and that works perfect.May I do you a suggestion ?Surf to my site and download the file "Carrier Louisiana". It is named as such because I setup rescue missions from an aircraft carrier. This time of course we take off nearby the Louisiana coast. Read the info inside the Readme for installing because you can start from this carrier after you put two files into the map GMAX / Flights / Myflts. You can go straight to the carrier after starting up from Meigs (or another airport) by "Choose a flight" option.You will see what happens. With a helicopter you can takeoff and land without a problem, but if you like to launch or land with an aircraft, then you must install additional software (you have twoo choices: RCBO 1.1 or the 3DWire technique). All is explaned on my site.Let me know how it went.Success. Jos

Guest DoyleChris

I dont want a PREPLACED carrier this is about placing a crrier where i would like it to be. There will be about 12 Nimitz and about 15 Saratoga class carriers when i get down.

Guest DoyleChris

I have some very nice looking carriers setting in the locations i want with created BGL's from FSDS and i can Make a AFCAD for them, Tower, NAV, NDB, Runways for Cats and Landing, Taxiways, Parking, Helo Pads, But no deck.

Guest Jos

Hi,I gave you the opportunity to test the carrier if you could land on it without falling through. Did you tested it ? Otherwise I cannot help you. I want not to force you to use this airport carrier on this location.Jos

Guest DoyleChris

Well the thing is you made the carrier can you land on it and takeoff thats good, now help me out to create my own decks not just place your carrier and use it.

Guest Jos

Hi,First: I didn't make this carrier. It is easier to use this model from Shipyards. It is an API and so you can easy place it where you want. There is or was even the source file available for FSDS I think... you have to check this on their site. Site http://fs-shipyards.com . Two: how make it landable ? I explaned it to you.How to create the decks... well GMAX or FSDS is the way to do it. Shipyards has released a simple tutorial for building a ship. But of course that's not a whole aircraft carrier. Take contact with them en they will give you advice if they can. Use photo's in order to see how it is build.Greetz. Jos

Guest DoyleChris

You didnt explain it to me you gave me steps and i did those steps the way you said and it didnt work. You had mentioned to use photos how about giving some more info.

Guest Jos

Hi,I have here a .fsc file that I can send to you.The rwy 1 must cover the whole flightdeck and rwy 2 must be 50 meter larger. So, that will be in my case: 350 x 150 meters for rwy 1 and for the anchor rwy 2 400 x 150 meters.And that's all I can do. If you make mistakes in setting up: read the helpfiles of your program you are using.Have no detailed photo's of carriers at all.Greetz. Jos