Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jos

Help Adding Carriers

Guest DoyleChris

Well what alt is the flatten supposed be at i know one rwy is to be ground level what about the 2nd rwy also what do you mean by anchor where does that come into play.

Guest Jos

Hi,Think logic.1. The flatten swich is for the whole setup of this scenery. So, this means that you must use the flatten command in your design program. First you get a triangle and by clicking on INS you get an extra node so you van drag a square around the carrier (in Airport for Windows). That's all.2. Runway 1 = the invisible runway at an altitude of the flightdeck. So, take a Cessna and go in slew mode and notice the altitude of the flightdeck. If the Cessna fall through the flightdeck... then you click on F3 key and the aircraft will rise... push pause P when the Cessna is at the right height and notice the altitude. Repeat to try again by clicking on F1 (aircraft fall down to sea level).3. Runway 2 = zero feet altitude and is as an anchor because without this runway, you will see that the aircraft carrier sits on a mountain of water on an altitude equal to the flightdeck altitude.Greetz. Jos

Guest DoyleChris

Finally i get the info i was putting the first runway as the lower deck and the second as the higher one also i figured out you make them in separte bgl files so it dosent conflict with AFCAD.

Guest Jos

Hi,What you say is not clear for me. English is not your own language ?What program are you using now ?What are now your settings ?For the runway at sea level = number ... ?For the flightdeck = number ... ?Or are you using a second deck as mid-deck ?Are you using Afcad in order to make a parking spot and a runway ?I find this very complicated. Well, so be it. You only make an airport at the same level of your flightdeck.Greetz. Jos

Guest DoyleChris

Heres What i Did.Step 1. Took opened up the Carrier.fsc in FS Design Studio and placed it at the location i wanted and made a BGL.Step 2. Created a API of the deck for a runway referance.Step 3. Opened Airport For Windows 3 went to the Cordinates that i set in Step 1 imported the API and created a Flatten at sea Level and deleted the API then Compiled and Created a bgl.Step 4. Left the Flatten and created a runway #1 at the height of the carrier, made it invisible deleted the Flatten then compiled and created a BGL.Step 5. Added a second runway at sea level runway #2 and deleted the first runway then compiled and created a BGLNow i went and checked the Carriers, all are landeable and looked fine so i went to add a AFCAD BGL for parking and navaids and ILS. It worked fine for One carrier but went to make a Second for another one it crashes to desktop

Guest Jos

Hi,I remember I made an Afcad for one of the carriers... but it didn't work (have even forgotten precisely why).Such an Afcad is perhaps needed if you like to use AI aircraft to land on a carrier (if it is possible of course). Otherwise with Airport for Windows, you can easily add ILS and a VOR. If you use Afcad or Acad2 and you have the coordinates, you can make an airport.Therefore instead I save a flight and enclude it in the package (xyz.FLT and xyz.WX to put into GMAX / Flights / Myflts). Also "Ignore crash" enabled in the settings of GMAX.Further: why not simply... after you made an API... use this API as a basic to place carriers all over the world where you want (using AFW, like I do now).Maybe the ILS and Afcad items probably are not set to fly to the flightdeck, but to the runway at sea level ? Check the altitude.For the rest, I hope you can solve this problem.Have you also visited de site of Shipyards ? There have very interesting topics of people like you, working with and building ships.Greetz. Jos

Guest DoyleChris

Well i got it figured out i combined everything into one BGL. I made a API from FSDS and brought that into AFW and made onoe BGL with the 2 runways and flatten and carrier and it works fine. And the AFCADS are for multiplayer games so we can all start in different Spots. But it works and thank you for the info.