Sign in to follow this  
Guest Polak

Where are bgls for all FS airports located?

Guest Polak

Quick question just like above. I have browsed all disks and all ( I think) cabinets with various bgl files, but those containing native MS airports scenery files still elude me. Where could they be? Most interested I am in files from FS2002, but I guess they would be in the same locations for both 2k2 and 2k4? Thank you.

The AP*.bgl files in the different scenery folder of the parts of the world.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Polak

Thank you Arno, I see that now. If you so kind what are those other prefixes like AB FL HL HP RO RR ST VT standing for?

Guest archtx

If I remember correctly:AB is the texture polygon around and under the airport (usually grass).FL are flatten polygons for the airportsHL are water polygons (Lakes, large rivers, bays, etc.)HP are shorelines and river banksRO are roadsRR are railroadsST are streamsUT are utility linesAll of these can be opened and investgated for their properties in SBuilder.

Guest Polak

Thank you for this helpfull explanation. But I have more questions. In FS2002 I have found files with the following prefixes: hyphylabpfltnphrdsstlpkpI see that "hyp" is the water, and "hyl" is the shorelines, "rds" -roads, "stl" streams, but what is the "nph"? And what might be the the difference between "abp" and "flt" and finaly what is "pkp" for? Moreover where could any informations about urban areas, or perhaps forest polygons located? Please be reminded that those are FS2002 files I am looking at and not FS2004. Thanks a lot for the answers.

Hi,The cities and forests are defined by the landclass, that is not in these files you mention now. So it is not an actual polygon that defines the shape, but for a LOD square the average usage is set using the landclass (hope this makes sense to you :)).I can't remember those other filenames, it is quite some time ago I used Fs2002.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Polak

As usually thank you, Arno. I did some research and found that: abp means airport aprons hyp water polygons hyl land line (shoreline) pkp park polygons !rdl road lines stl stream lines utl utylity lines rrl railways and so on and on. But still cannot figure what are "nph" even by looking at the shapes they represented by and what is the difference between "abp" and "flt". I am using TMF viewer included in Autoasm. And here is the 2nd part question: what is the comparison between Autoasm and Ground2k4 differences and similarities if any? And for last, sorry for so many ??? at once, the final question is, if there is any way to edit or convert files in *.asm format?