Sign in to follow this  
scott967

BGL file for Hong Kong VHHH in scenery\asia\scenery\ file?

Can someone please tell me which BGL file Hong Kong International Airport is in in the sceneryasiascenery in FS9?thanks Patrick

Guest Polak

I am not definetely an expert here, (but last night I stayed in the Holiday Express Inn ) Kidding :).I have noticed that the sceneries are filed according to their geographical latitudes in bands. So what is HK geo position?

Guest Ruahrc

The airport and facility data (including approach procedures I believe) for default airports are located in the AP******.bgl files, where the ****** is the LOD5 cell which VHHH is located in. To find the LOD5 cell there are a few ways to do it look on avsim for some conversion program or some tables. Or if you have LWMViewer it can also tell you the LOD5 cell from the lat/lon at the mouse cursor.Ruahrc

Procedure to find stock airport data:1. Start AFCAD, open airport/search for desired airport by ICAO: VHHHIn resulting list of airports, highlight and open the one listed as "stock".2. Open the properties for the airport. copy down the "from file" information: (sceneryAsiasceneryAP978240.BGL) Also, note the Airport reference Point lat/long. 3. From bglxml 1.50, start XMLShell. browse for the file from step 2 in the Input File box. Select the partial decode check box and enter the lat long of the AP ref pt: 22.309 / 113.915. Set radius of 15.4. Select "go" and when prompted, enter name for disassembled file: (vhhh.xml). Note: unless you copy the file objfile.txt to same folder as the one you save the dissassembled file to, you get an error which you can ignore for this.5. Open the file in your fave xml editor.scott s..