Sign in to follow this  
jonpatch

Photoscenery boundaries

Guest akku22

I have noticed that some commercial photosceneries don

Guest artmartin

Only way I can think of doing it is when you're creating your source image. Superimpose your aerial photos on top of a broader area overhead screen shot from FS and cut your boundaries accordingly. Then do your sampling. Art

You can also use an alpha channel to show/hide/transition from photoscenery to the background textures. I find this a great way to blend photoscenery. It doubles the size of the texture, but if it's low-res this is not much of an issue.Jon

Guest akku22

That sounds great, but how can I do that in detail? I

That would require you placing the photos with VTP polygons, not with resample from the terrain SDK. If you use that last technique the transparant part becomes water :). Tool that allow you to do this are Groun2k4 and SBuilder.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

I've done a few sceneries where I just divide a non-rectangular image into different rectangles. This is quite handy if you have a coastal area where because of the shape of the coast you'd end up with a huge number of water masked textures. Rather than waste all that space, I just create a smaller scenery just for the coastal area.Visit the Windowlight forum on Avsim... everything you need to know about New Zealand flightsim sceneryhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...forum=203&page=

Hi Arno,I don't understand why you say the transparent part becomes water? It simply shows the terrain underneath . . .Jon

Hi Jon,With resample generated terrain? All alpha channel in the texture should become water there. Or maybe there is a difference between DXT1 and DXT3 here.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Well, that is exactly what I said :D. You will have to use VTP polygons to be able to use this feature. With resample you get water.

Arno

Ah, ya, right, sure, that's what I meant. Pardon me while I return to my home planet ...:-spacecraftJon