Sign in to follow this  

Baron left engine nacelle

Hope this hasn't been asked and answered in the past; I did a search and couldn't find it. I fly the FS2002 Baron frequently and have been wondering what function the (exhaust?) slot at the trailing edge of the left engine nacelle serves. And, why only the left engine? Wouldn't have posted such an inane question, but curiosity got the best of me. My thanks to anyone who replies. http://home.kscable.com/rfromholz/ady.JPG

I don't have an answer for you on the Baron, navalair, but was wondering if you had ever found a decent Skyraider for fs2K2. I figured if anyone would have searched for it, you would have.There was one for fs2k that wasn't too bad. But I was hoping someone would do a really nice one for fs2k2. They were flying the AD1 off the carriers when I was in the Navy more years ago than I care to remember!Regards,Dewey

No, I haven't found any for FS2002, but I used an AD/A1 for quite awhile on FS2000 that I downloaded from Flightsim.com. Perhaps it is the same one you mention. I think I may still have it on a backup, but I haven't bothered to try to install it on FS2002. As I recall it had good sound and a fair paint job, but I never could get it to properly land on a carrier and stop, so I lost interest in it. http://home.kscable.com/rfromholz/ady.JPG

Is it the cowl flap perhaps? They're on both engines, but is it possible that you only opened the left one? Otherwise, i'm not real sure...i'd have to pull out some pics of the barons and check it out for myself.-Rob

Warp core plasma ejector port? *ducking and running grin*

I contacted Raytheon. Their representative's response was that it is the exhaust vent for the air conditioner condenser unit. I never thought about the possibility that the Baron 58 was air conditioned. Thanks to all. http://home.kscable.com/rfromholz/ady.JPG

Guest GZR_Frenchy

There is an A1-H Douglas Skyraider for CFS2/Fs2002 athttp://www.simviation.com/cfs2aircraft23.htmby Ed Wilson and JP Demmerle in 4 liveries. It was designed in GMax and may fill your need. The CFS2 version has an awesome selection of loadouts. Yes, you can land it on a carrier. Would really like your impressions.Ric. AKA: GZR_Frenchy

Guest GZR_Frenchy

Glad you approve. Coming from a real SkyRaider driver -- that is truly a complement.It works quite well in Fs2002. But, it really shines in CFS2. It is here the loadouts are accurately placed and lethal just like the real one. The airfile is 1% certified. One other point is the panel. You will find three small toggles at the upper left. Click on those and a modern GPS/ADF will pop up along with a radio stack and HUD. Not truly correct historically but useful. This being a late model WWII type aircraft the GPS is only programmed for that era. The ADF will tune the proper frequencies, but will be limited in range. Just like the real thing.Yep, I think it a keeper. Pleased that you think so also.Frenchy -- out.