Sign in to follow this  
mgh

Transferring Airport IDs

Does anyone know if there is a way to transfer an airfield ID using AFCAD without delving into the original .bgls? I can't find a way and I suspect the problem is that FS9 uses the ID as a unique identification and as long as there is a default airfield with the same ID it will conflict with the new one.My problem is that FS9 includes Hatfield (EGTH) which has now been closed and its ID has been transferred to Old Warden. I created Old Warden with AFCAD but can find no way to associate the ID with it.

Hi,When you design a new airport with the same ID, it would normally get priority over the old one. So that would allow you to remove it.BUT, I do remember a discusion about this specific airport you mention from a year ago or so. It seems that as the ID has actually been transfered to a different location that does not work. I think the exclude feature only works if the new airport is close enough to the old one.In that case your only solution would be to change the default BGL itself, which is not a very nice thing to do.EDIT: Just searched for the old discussion, but it was also you with that question :). So I guess you were already aware of what I just wrote.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Yes. Just hoping someone might have found a way :(