Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

OK...Since no one will answer my question...

Guest abent

Sounds very interesting guys. I will try disabling lights this evening and see if autogen reappears. If this is the case, would it not technically be possible to have the models (lights) appear with a condition on them that they only display at night. I wouldn't mind not seeing autogen at night but to have it missing during the day is a bummer.I'll repart back.Thanks,Adam

Guest abent

I had a few minutes so I reloaded UT without nightlights and all th eautogen appeared to be present. So, is this something we just have to accept with UT?Thanks,Adam

Guest artmartin

It's a shame really. UT's approach is very novel and innovative. I would hope MS engineers are reading this and considering in the next version that automatic exclude areas for objects are a hindrance to scenery development. There's many areas of my scenery I would have loved to have autogen vegetation appearing alongside my GMAX buildings and structures. Instead I spent hours of unnecessary tweaking separating out objects from a GMAX scene because the exclusion rectangle somehow got distorted enough to wipe out large swaths of my autogen buildings. Leave it completely up to the developer to determine if there's any exclusion to be done and to what extent. Art

Guest abent

Back to a query I had...I think that you can put conditions on models so that they show at certain times...such as sailboats that appear in spring summer and fall but disappear in winter. Would it be possible for the light model in UT to have a condition applied to it so that the model and its associated exclude would only be present at night? I'm really shooting in the dark here, but if it was - I assume the same model is used over and over again - could the code be modified to include this condition? I don't know...maybe it's impossible to even apply a condition to an exclude.I may be talking, well thinking , out my arse here but WTH...Thanks,Adam

HI Adam,I suggest you ask Alan that over at the UT forum, as he would be the one who knows how he has implemented his objects.Jon

Guest abent

Hey Al, slowly getting better, B###h of a cold. Don't know if I told you we were painting one of our rental units all last week, that's also why I wasn't on Yahoo. I'll look ya up soon.Adam