Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

Seasonal Textures

Guest barnburner32

So does anybody here know how to apply seasonal textures and get them to work?Airport has an option for using seasonal textures when you create a raised polygon - even a viewer that lets you look at what's available in the library - but whenever I try to apply them (and I've tried repeatedly) they don't work. The surface is left white and empty. It works fine with regular r8 textures, but the seasonal ones simply don't register.I'm almost done with a major scenery project but I'm stuck on this one point. I'd really hate to turn out yet another scenery addition that leaves big patches of green and brown in a snow-covered landscape. So I'd appreciate any help I can get.Please don't tell me to do it with Sbuilder or some other program. They may well be superior but the poly in question was created with Airport (and it's very large and complex so I don't want to have to reconstruct it) and that's how it will have to be textured.Anyway, why would they put in a menu for using seasonal textures if it doesn't work?

Guest barnburner32

Thanks, I'll check it out. Looks interesting anyway.As it turns out the seasonal textures wouldn't solve my problem, or rather they'd just create a new one. Apparently you can't create roads on top of an elevated poly - I tried with three different programs; even when I set the correct altitude they weren't having any, if it's not terrain they're not interested. And about half of the poly surface that shows is taken up by a paved road; so if I did get it to accept a seasonal texture then there I'd be with no road! So I just textured the top surface in a nice gray pavement color and I'll cover all the non-street area with buildings and stuff and it'll look OK. In fact it's already coming along nicely.But I appreciate the input all the same.

Guest abent

Great...glad it's working. Why not post a screenie or two? Always nice to see what others are doing.Adam