Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pabra

Need a good MD-82/88? Check this out

I finally decided to download Van's MD-88 on the advice of a friend. Im not sorry I spent the 10$ at all. Its a quality aircraft. It has opening front door. A VC (nice but not great) and a decent flight model. The textures are very well done and since I flew this for almost 7 years it was worth it. This is a sunset shot, just out ofAsheville, NC headed home to Atlanta. I have a nice MD EFIS cockpit for this so she is pretty darn complete. I highly recommend it! I don't think there is a better MD-88 around.http://flightsimmers.net/airport/hornit/88.jpg

Guest jrsky75

Yes, it is definatelly worth the price!, this shows the talent of Mexican Aircraft designers.And just for the record, the same modeler for Vans (Mauricio Vanscoit) made a nice 737 for fs2000 in Azteca Airlines Livery, and a DC-9 in Aeromexico Colors:) (Those are freware and both of them work in fs2002 with minor adjustments)BTW- Vans Air. Co. is making a 727 :)Best RegardsRodrigo NavarroKSAN / MMTJEDIT- Forgot someting...

Guest fly4beer

nice to hear...where did do download this plane? searched for vans/mexican designers but could not find anything.thank youLucien

> I finally decided to download Van's MD-88 on the advice of >a friend. Im not sorry I spent the 10$ at all. Its a quality >aircraft. It has opening front door. A VC (nice but not >great) and a decent flight model. The textures are very well >done and since I flew this for almost 7 years it was worth >it. This is a sunset shot, just out of >Asheville, NC headed home to Atlanta. I have a nice MD EFIS >cockpit for this so she is pretty darn complete. I highly >recommend it! I don't think there is a better MD-88 around. Whats the differnce between the real world 88 and 83? There is a freeware MD-83 avaliable that looks just great, Even has the colored glass covers for the beacon and NAV lights. Has a lot more detail than the default MD-80. I just use it as an 88 for the Atlanta to Shrevport route of Delta

Guest Pabra

Looks fine to me too. Would you post a pic of the captain's vc view? I like to see the vc before I buy since this is the part I see most of the time flying this bird. The pic on their site isn't very helpful. Is it really fully dynamic, the autopilot etc? And is it easy on the fps? thanks.Paul