Sign in to follow this  
Guest mtom

LWMViewer2

Guest Bell206freak

I downloaded the latest install, but I cannot get the program to load. I get greeted by the "LWMViewer2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" error warning. It won't load at all.

Guest mtom

Hi there.I originally posted this query elsewhere, but it's more appropriately placed here.I've a problem getting LWMviewer2 going and was hoping someone might be able to help out.I'm getting an error about an ATL71.DLL file missing. I've simply unziped the utility and moved the LWMviewer2 folder into the Programs directory and made an Shortcut of the exe file. Double clicking on the exe file produces the aforementioned error. The strange thing is that I do have the DLL in the XP System32 folder.If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.Cheers,Matthew.

You should look in this forum for a newer posting titled "LWMViewer2 build 175" (but which is currently lower down in the list). This describes what else is needed for the latest version to work.

AVSimSig.jpg

Guest mtom

Thanks for that. I'm following it up now.Cheers,Matthew.

I've downloaded and extracted 2.0.0.180 to a random folder (as well as the other files in the zip file). When I click on the exe I get the following error:PathLWMViewer.exeThis application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the aplication may fix this problem.Am I doing something wrong?

Mike...

Guest mtom

That did the trick. Bit of a pitty, though, as I've since discovered that my video card's no good. I'm getting a warning on start up that: "Your card does not support shader model 2. This is required for anything to be displayed". I guess that means I can't use the utility unless I up grade the video card. Too poor for that, I'm afraid.Thanks for the assistance anyway.Cheers,Matthew.

Guest jimkeir

Hi,Just got back this morning. Sorry to hear you couldn't get going. What video card do you have? I'm afraid I'm unlikely to be able to get it going because there's a lot of dependence on the newer features but it would be useful to have an idea of what cards people are trying to use.Cheers,Jim

Guest georgeh75

Ok I wanted to give this prog a try and I downloaded the file when I try to run the .exe I get an error saying "this application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. reinstaling the application may fix this problem. Sorry if this is a stupid question I am VERY new to scenery design and am having troubles with just about everything I run. George

Guest jimkeir

I refer the honourable member to the answer I made some moments ago :)You need to install the Visual C runtimes as described above. That should fix it. You need them, DirectX 9.0c (which you probably already have) and gdiplus (which you will have if you're running WindowsXP).Don't let the setup issues put you off, quite a few of the tools available can be a little fiddly to get going at first but it's usually worth it in the end.Cheers,Jim

>I refer the honourable member to the answer I made some>moments ago :)Hehehe... Anyway, thanks for the answer. I'll remember it, because as it looks now, I won't be needing the program. I had an issue with floating scenery and I wanted to look at it more closely. But then I discovered FST Flatten on [a href=http://www.fs-traveler.com/]this site[/a]. And as it turned out, it was just a crappy flatten file (payware scenery, but that's a whole nother story). ;)

Mike...

Guest jersey shore

Just got a quick question...I noticed that it was mentioned that all the BGL files are reclassified as LWMViewer files is what has happened with me. My question is there a way to reverse that so they state BGL file again. The reason i am asking is that i tried to create bgl lights, typed the code onto notepad and then tried to convert it into a BGL, then rename it to a MDL. file. Now when i compile, it will give me the LWMViewer file and unable the rename it to convert it to a MDL file. Any help is greatly appriciatedDave

Guest jimkeir

Hi,I'm not sure I'm following your process, but it seems like you're unable to rename a file? That's nothing to do with which application they're registered against; the extension and file contents are exactly the same as they were before.If you mean that you just can't see the extension any more, that's a Windows thing. Open Explorer and select 'Options' from the 'Tools' menu; on the View tab, untick the 'Hide extensions for known file types' box and you'll be able to see every file extension.Cheers,Jim

Guest jersey shore

Thanks Jim for replying back. I got back to where i need it now....and thanks for the program...works great!Dave

Guest jimkeir

Hi,Nice to hear you've got everything running. Would you mind posting your system details to give others an idea of what works and what doesn't? I've had a few mails from owners of FX5700LE cards saying they get poor performance.Thanks,Jim