Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimkeir

LWMViewer2 LandClass Management

For me there are some basic needs when managing LandClass. I need to know where to place town/cities. For this I load the appropriate BGL from American Data Roads (FSGenesis site)and use it as a background in LWMViewer. Based upon the pattern of the "small" roads/streets I can accurately determine where various size/type population centers are. I also want to place a few fields properly as well. For that I have to use a different program with a black & white Terraserver picture as a background. There are probably other approaches but most rely on a background image. Should LWMViewer be able to support an non-BGL based (probably BMP) image to facilitate LandClass placement? And, while I am at it should LWMViewer do the compile of the RAW file within the program structure?I ask these questions instead of making an out-right request since I am sure that I am not the sole opinion on these items. Surmounting the learning curve and discovering the underlying wonders. Rather like exploring but, in this case, you actually use what you find.Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest jimkeir

Hi,First, I've uploaded a new version which fixes a few things:

CHANGE: Add changelist, File Formats and Class Editor sections to the manualFIX: Warn if GFX card doesn't support shader 2NEW: Add list of default object GUIDs to archiveFIX: Clean up menus of model viewer and fix location of saved images for RWY12/XML exportNEW: Allow custom gridline coloursFIX: VTP polys outside cell boundary were ignoredNEW: Remember location of world map windowCHANGE: Parse generic models on first display instead of on loadCHANGE: Initial file scan to not store city and airport names, this was taking hours

There'll probably be *lots* of changes over the next few weeks (I'm freely admitting this isn't anywhere near finished) so I'll always post a list of what's changed so people know whether or not they need to update. I'll try to keep database changes to a minimum to avoid having to re-scan but it should be much faster now anyway.As ever, all suggestions welcome. Overlaying an image isn't tricky to do. I'd need to know what formats you'd need - different types of images aren't difficult but what type of georeferencing would you be likely to have?Compiling automatically isn't difficult so I'd never bothered about it - always just assumed that people would have a CMD window open. Shouldn't be too tricky. More settings to store - I may put this in a new Prefs dialog box and shift some other things in there too.Incidentally, if I were to put in a model selection/search toolbar with just the filenames, GUIDs and model names would that be useful? If you know what you want to place it may be easier than flipping out to the model previewer all the time.Cheers,Jim