Sign in to follow this  
Guest jersey shore

Segmented Circle, Flags...

Guest PC509

Hi,I'm designing a small airfield, and it has a segmented circle. Has anyone designed one and have a macro available that I could use? Also, it is possible to create a flag with a certain texture and have it animated similar to a windsock? I know someone has mentioned before about the flag, but it was animated full time, without wind or with...Thanks!BTW: Airfield is M50 in Boardman, Oregon.

Guest Hugo

Hi. Sorry, I can't help you with the segmented circle. As for the flag, you are possibly refering to a reply I made to someone who was also looking for the same. http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchConsequently I played with the concept and came out with what you mentionned up here. A night lighted waving flag, wind oriented and aminated all the time, which was true at the time of my last post. A couple days later, thought, I have found a way to have it leaning against the mast at low wind speed, 0 to 6 knots. At higher wind speeds, it shows fully deployed.It's a scasm based api macro.I wanted to publish it but retain from because, although it is not so bad looking, the flag waving is not as fluid as I would like it to be. I think I could possibly make it better if someone could tell me the counting range of 282 (Hex) FS Internal variable. See the 5th message of the link given above. I tried to contact M. Moldenhauer over this matter a couple weeks ago but no answer as of now. If someone has a clue on this, I would realy appreciate it.It would not be a problem to modify the code so the flag would show half-deployed for winds between, lets say 7 to 15 knots, and fully deployed at speed over that. The problem is much more one of getting the 10 nice looking bitmaps showing the flag half deployed as required by the coding approach I chosed.If you are interested to have a copy of what I have now, just let me know.Hugo

Guest jersey shore

Actually in the middle of making one as i type..almost done with it. Need to find a nice close up of the tehedron(think i spelled it right) which rotates. When im done i'll let you know.Dave Fernekes

Guest Bell206freak

Keep in mind that some airports with segmented circles do not use the tetrahedron. Sanderson Field in Shelton, WA (KSHN), uses a segmented circle, but the only thing that's an indicator of wind direction is a windsock in the middle of it.I did create an object that replicates the one used at Sanderson for my Sanderson Field scenery overhaul, and I'm thinking about releasing the object as a Rwy12 tool. I am also going to include the text needed to attach a windsock to the object as well.

Guest jersey shore

Im going to create several versions of it...one way that you mentioned of gmax made windsock, one with the tetrahedron, and other ones with the traffic pattern markings.