Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

Wish Readme's would include . . . .

Guest Knikolaes

For those scenery designers out there that upload add-ons that require other downloads from elsewhere, you may want to consider providing links to find the items needed. Filenames are not enough.That said, after extensive searching for "VOD", "Airport" and "Nova Gold" on the internet and finding nothing but endless non-fs related links, would anyone havven to know precisely where to get the texture packs for these? I managed to find the RWY12 stuff, only because they were actually smart enough to use a name not used by endless other entities.I hav a number of freeware add-ons that require these textures and not a single one has any information in the readme on how to aquire these files.Many thanks for any links or leads.NOTE: Please do not refer me to just search for "novagt1.zip" and "novagtx1.zip" here on AVSIM as AVSIM does not have these files availabkle for download. I need links to the sites where I can get these. Thanks.

I'm sure part of the problem is that many of us downloaded some of these basics years ago.http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/filemust.htmIs a list maintained at FlightSim.comAll the links for the FS2004 section files work - but you need to have a free login for FlightSim.com for the downloads. (I do not recommend loading the VB Libraries unless you find an additional download which requires them - Windows XP has almost all that functionality built in)FlightSim does not allow direct links to downloads.The ones I can find on Avsim are:VOD (which are FS5 textures but work fine in FS9)http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...utils&DLID=2101Gerrish Gray Treeshttp://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...scen&DLID=19575To my knowledge Rafael Garcia Sanchez has never put his Nova & Nova Gold series of textures on Avsim.

Guest Knikolaes

A GREAT MANY MANY thanks. I really appreciate that. That link site is prcisely what I needed and yes I believe I have an account over at flightsim.com :-)I remember having all these textures before, too, waaaaay back when I was runnign FS2002. Recently I bought this new hella-huge hard drive and seriously expanded my scenery library. Been on a download run on AVSIM for the past week and ended up with many awesome sceneries - especially Suisse 2004, that needed these :-)Now I can actually use them . . . :-)many thanks again.

You can find the Nova Gold textures on the website of Nova as well:www.fsnova.com

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Knikolaes

Got em. Got everything I need **smiles** Many thanks to the links above for making it possible.